The How-To-Guide for PlayerAuctions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The How-To-Guide for PlayerAuctions

Post by Ruins on 21/2/2012, 6:17 pm

Hi Guest,

This thread is to assist those of you whom are a beginner when using PlayerAuctions. PlayerAuctions is 100% secure, and is a fantastic way to sell your gold, if you don’t mind the fees involved.

First off, let discuss the fees related to PlayerAuctions.

A.) The first 5 transactions are $1.99 per sale and 5% of the selling value. This includes the fees related to using PayPal.
- Ex. I sold Precor 100Mil at $100.00. PlayerAuctions will take 5% of that first, being $5.00, and then $1.99 off that to get the final value. So in terms I have sold $100 worth of gold for (100-5.00-1.99) $93.01. So while its very safe, I lost out on potentially $6.99 for taking the more secure approach.[/center]
B.) After the first 5 transactions, the fees are $1.99 per sale and 10% of the selling value. This also includes the fees related to using PayPal.
- Ex. I sold Precor 100Mil at $100.00. PlayerAuctions will take 10% of that first, being $10.00, and then $1.99 of that to get the final value. So in terms I have sold $100 worth of gold for (100-10.00-1.99) $88.01. Again, though it is very secure, I lost out on $11.99 worth of profit.

Now, you may be asking, okay I can accept the fees but how do I use PlayerAuctions?

First things first, you must either be willing to Screenshot or Video the entire trading process. I recommend you get a good videoing software, hypercam should suffice.

When buying or selling gold the process is essentially the same.
A.) Make the payment, or check you’re “Pending Orders” when you are selling gold.

B.) When buying or selling verify the order is “Pending Delivery,” this morning takes 5 to 7 minutes after an order has been placed.

C.) Confirm and only deliver to the Username listed in the Order Form. If a customer changes their username You MUST ask them to go to the live chat and notify a representative to either A.) Change their name for you, or B.) notify them, and then they will notify the buyer/seller to send the buyer/seller a message stating the in-game name has been changed.
- This is the biggest scam potential on PlayerAuctions, people will place orders and ask you to deliver to another in-game name that was not listed. If you do deliver, they will simply do a “did not delivery” notice, and get their money back.

D.) As a seller it takes 3 days for PlayerAuctions to send the payment to your PayPal. Once you get a high amount of reputation they will offer you to provide more information to get faster payouts.

E.) Always keep your evidence until payment has been made to your PayPal, once payment has been received personally, then no chargebacks or scam reports can be created, meaning at this time you can delete if you wish to open space on your computer.

F.) Last thing to watch out for is a fake email sent by the buyer. Ignore all emails you receive and specifically pay attention to the order form and when PlayerAuctions updates. Always check and verify the instruction is “pending delivery” but actually delivering, as this means that the payment has been verified.

Just to give a heads up. There has been about 490 actual feedbacks left in the gold shop, this doesn’t include all the sales that we have done, but only ONE person had tried to claim “undelivered.” So it is rare for people to attempt scams on PlayerAuctions besides the email and in-game names.

Any other questions feel free to ask bounce Hope this has helped you learn more about how PlayerAuctions works!

Last edited by Ruins on 21/2/2012, 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ruins
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: The How-To-Guide for PlayerAuctions

Post by Jack0 on 21/2/2012, 8:44 pm

As a buyer using paypal, you also have a max limit you can buy per month. If you reach that amount you is going to show any government related paper (passport, driver license etc)
I think it's like 500$ / month

This to prevent scam where people are abusing your PayPal and player auction accounts.

Jack0
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayerAuctions on 28/3/2012, 4:03 am

Hi Ruins,

My name is Jacob, and I am the Communications Manager here at PlayerAuctions. This is a great write-up.

We really appreciate the fact that the community at SmokinMils values safe and honest trading. Feel free to touch base with me: communications@playerauctions.com.

Cheers,
Jacob A.
Communications Manager
PlayerAuctions.com
PlayerAuctions
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas on 12/6/2012, 10:45 pm

PlayerAuctions wrote:Hi Ruins,

My name is Jacob, and I am the Communications Manager here at PlayerAuctions. This is a great write-up.

We really appreciate the fact that the community at SmokinMils values safe and honest trading. Feel free to touch base with me: communications@playerauctions.com.

Cheers,
Jacob A.
Communications Manager
PlayerAuctions.com

If this is a fake person, (not sure here) then people might get hacked when sending emails to him.
Could any1 check this out?
Legolas
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY on 12/6/2012, 10:47 pm

Legolas wrote:If this is a fake person, (not sure here) then people might get hacked when sending emails to him.

I'm pretty sure this is a real person and that we've had discussions about this in the past. The email is legit (not hostmasked as anything) and if you don't believe it, you could ask PA support.
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WagerHost on 12/6/2012, 11:02 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Legolas wrote:If this is a fake person, (not sure here) then people might get hacked when sending emails to him.

I'm pretty sure this is a real person and that we've had discussions about this in the past. The email is legit (not hostmasked as anything) and if you don't believe it, you could ask PA support.
It is him. I have already verified this

Also I will be updating the OP as this is a fantastic thread created by Ruins
WagerHost
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: