[Guide] - Tutorial list collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by xDamon on 12/5/2012, 12:58 pm

Some people can't find good tutorials so here's a pretty big list of tutorials.

Explaining signatures
Spoiler:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/313/8/1/demi_sig_tutorial_by_hagane_girl-d4flbu6.png

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/309/5/8/tag_making_basics___part_1___text__focals__etc_by_simplygfx-d4f8wf2.png

http://www.deviantart.com/download/270210514/smudge_tutorial_by_stinkdesign-d4gvjrm.jpg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/130/7/7/Full_Signature_Tutorial_by_Senthrax.jpg

Sites where are pretty good tutorials [NOT on every sites are signature tutorials]
Spoiler:
http://www.sigtutorials.com/
http://www.deviantart.com
http://www.grafpedia.com/category/tutorials
http://www.psdcore.com
http://alfoart.com
http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2011/06/photoshop-web-design-tutorials.html
http://www.psd-dude.com
http://www.psdbox.com

Deviantart accounts that might help
Spoiler:
http://slavory.deviantart.com/gallery/30542321
http://tubzgn.deviantart.com/gallery/31345045

Sites where you can find some pretty good renders
Spoiler:
http://bakarenders.com/
www.deviantart.com/
www.sig-lab.com/

Beginner tutorials
Spoiler:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/078/e/8/Beginner_Signature_Tutorial_by_Dissolution55.png
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/314/6/d/Beginners_Signature_Tutorial_by_RaptorKraine.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/152/e/6/Pro_filter_sig_for_beginners_by_DevineDemon.jpg

Mediate tutorials
Spoiler:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/146/7/9/Metroid_Signature_Tutorial_by_MPCoyote.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/029/3/2/Advanced_Signature_Tutorial_by_warsh33p.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2007/332/0/c/fashion_dream_by_sanderrednas.png
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/106/c/9/Advanced_Signature_Tutorial_by_Reflectionartwork.jpg
Advanced
Spoiler:


http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/313/1/6/gengar_tag_tutorial_by_beintelligent-d4fn5oq.png

Some other signature tutorials
Spoiler:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=photo+Manip+tutorial#/d1io69j
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=photo+Manip+tag+tutorial#/dspsns
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=photo+Manip+tutorial+sig#/d3heqrq
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=web%20design%20tutorial&order=9&offset=96#/d287o35
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=tag+tutorial#/d24g3b8
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=14&q=tag%20tutorial#/d4lh92h
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=15&q=tag%20tutorial#/d4j7a2w
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=tag%20tutorial&order=15&offset=24#/d4kgswj
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=14&q=sig%20tutorial#/d4kvrfg


If I helped you please +rep me. I did NOT make these tutorials.


Last edited by xDamon on 13/5/2012, 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Grim IReaper on 12/5/2012, 1:10 pm

Nice collection. +Rep'd.
avatar
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Lucky on 12/5/2012, 1:45 pm

Excellent list Very Happy

_____________________

Former Mod Dec 25th, 2011 -> June 7th, 2014
Former Mod Manager January 2013 -> June 7th, 2014

Former General March 2013 -> June 7th, 2014


My Stuff:


Free Cookies:


In Need Of Rice?:

avatar
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by xDamon on 12/5/2012, 2:27 pm

Thanks for the rep grim let's hope people use it Smile
avatar
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Leakee on 12/5/2012, 6:06 pm

Another good site for renders is PSDreams.de it has a few good renders but it requires sign up
avatar
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


http://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Kelly on 20/5/2012, 1:01 am

Great collection.
However, I've edited your title so it has "Guide -" in it, so I don't accidentally delete it in the future and when I put the post with the guides, it can be included Very Happy

_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by xDamon on 20/5/2012, 1:23 pm

Kelly wrote:Great collection.
However, I've edited your title so it has "Guide -" in it, so I don't accidentally delete it in the future and when I put the post with the guides, it can be included Very Happy
It's okay Razz I hope I help some people with this.
avatar
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Kelly on 20/5/2012, 4:42 pm

xDamon wrote:
Kelly wrote:Great collection.
However, I've edited your title so it has "Guide -" in it, so I don't accidentally delete it in the future and when I put the post with the guides, it can be included Very Happy
It's okay Razz I hope I help some people with this.

http://www.smokinelite.com/t57331-list-of-guides
I think it will Very Happy

_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Grim IReaper on 25/5/2012, 6:46 pm

More people should read these guides. They're great for beginners. Especially the rule of thirds guide. So many people just place their renders in the corner.
avatar
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by xDamon on 25/5/2012, 7:01 pm

Grim IReaper wrote:More people should read these guides. They're great for beginners. Especially the rule of thirds guide. So many people just place their renders in the corner.
Yeah I totally agree people think it don't care where you place it and it's easy to make a signature.
avatar
xDamon
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Grim IReaper on 25/5/2012, 7:11 pm

It kind of is when you know the steps and rules. I find most traditional signatures follow a pattern depending on the style. Only thing I struggle with is text placement. I can never get it just right. Sad
avatar
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Kelly on 25/5/2012, 8:00 pm

Grim IReaper wrote:It kind of is when you know the steps and rules. I find most traditional signatures follow a pattern depending on the style. Only thing I struggle with is text placement. I can never get it just right. Sad

You always manage to do fine on placement of text, well imo at least

_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Grim IReaper on 25/5/2012, 11:51 pm

Kelly wrote:
Grim IReaper wrote:It kind of is when you know the steps and rules. I find most traditional signatures follow a pattern depending on the style. Only thing I struggle with is text placement. I can never get it just right. Sad

You always manage to do fine on placement of text, well imo at least

Thanks, but do you remember the last four pre-mades you bought off me? I had to sell 3 of them as blanks because the text placement ruined the signatures. Sad
avatar
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Kelly on 25/5/2012, 11:57 pm

Grim IReaper wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Grim IReaper wrote:It kind of is when you know the steps and rules. I find most traditional signatures follow a pattern depending on the style. Only thing I struggle with is text placement. I can never get it just right. Sad

You always manage to do fine on placement of text, well imo at least

Thanks, but do you remember the last four pre-mades you bought off me? I had to sell 3 of them as blanks because the text placement ruined the signatures. Sad

Well in all fairness, it took me about two hours to perfect the anime one because I couldn't get the right colors; working with the colors of green you had made it hard to place it because it would either look like puke because it was near darker greens (darker greens worked great, except for where the text was lol), or take focus off the focal xD

And Damon, I like these guides more (I viewed some in detail more than just skimming the pictures Razz), may actually use a few to re-touch up on the basics Razz

_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Atlas on 30/7/2012, 3:37 pm

Thanks for this list Smile Will definitely need quite a few.
+rep.

EDIT: Planetrenders.net is also a good source for renders.

Atlas
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Grim IReaper on 30/7/2012, 11:12 pm

Wheatley wrote:Thanks for this list Smile Will definitely need quite a few.
+rep.

EDIT: Planetrenders.net is also a good source for renders.

At the time this was posted, PlanetRenders was under a virus attack, and many Chrome users were given a virus alerts when visiting the site. It caused a few problems in SoTW as many people got their resources from there. It's fine to use now though, but at the time, I'm sure Damon didn't want to risk sending people there while their security was under attack.
avatar
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by alexx1156 on 30/7/2012, 11:14 pm

Nice tut, I think I should try to do a good signature !
avatar
alexx1156
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Atlas on 30/7/2012, 11:44 pm

Grim IReaper wrote:
Wheatley wrote:Thanks for this list Smile Will definitely need quite a few.
+rep.

EDIT: Planetrenders.net is also a good source for renders.

At the time this was posted, PlanetRenders was under a virus attack, and many Chrome users were given a virus alerts when visiting the site. It caused a few problems in SoTW as many people got their resources from there. It's fine to use now though, but at the time, I'm sure Damon didn't want to risk sending people there while their security was under attack.
Ohhhh I was not aware of that Shocked

Atlas
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Kelly on 6/8/2012, 9:37 pm

I have changed the color of your topic title to reflect the new requirements that have been set in place. Please consult this thread for more information on it.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them up on that thread, or private message me.

_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Tutorial list collection

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum