[Guide] - Things to Include When Purchasing Graphics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Guide] - Things to Include When Purchasing Graphics

Post by Kelly on 21/7/2012, 7:36 am

INTRODUCTION
When buying a graphic, you want to be 100% sure that the person creating it for you is on the same page as you, and that nothing was left out.

To be sure, just real quick read this over. It'll only take a few minutes, plus, it's in pretty colors! Love those, right?

RECOMMENDED INFORMATION TO INCLUDE
Here is the information that I highly recommend you be sure to include when you are purchasing graphics, regardless if it's a custom badge, a signature, avatar, or whatever else you may be buying.

Like a Star @ heaven What you are buying?

If you are buying a signature and matching avatar, let the person whose making the graphics know this key information! It will help them create what you want.

Like a Star @ heaven Are you paying and if so, how much?
People usually want some sort of payment for their work. A fair trade is to pay them RSGP, or in +reps. Be sure to include this information beforehand, if at all possible.

Like a Star @ heaven Sizes?

The size of the artwork is a key factor that many people tend to leave out. In the rules it states that signatures can be no bigger than 250px high by 600px wide, at most. For avatars, they cannot exceed 150px in width by 200px in height, as well as the file itself cannot be larger than 64KB. If you are confused by any of this, post a reply on this thread and I'll gladly answer the question.

Like a Star @ heaven What do you want in your graphic?

Including what you want in your artwork is one of the most important things. No one, but you, will know that you want a signature with unicorns and break-dancing rainbow monkey's unless you mention it! Don't be afraid to include detail; paint them a vivid picture with words.

Like a Star @ heaven Renders\Stock\Images?

Sometimes people have specific images that they want incorporated into their graphics. For example, if I wanted a Spider-Man signature, I may want to include a picture of Spider-Man that I really like for the artist to include. Be warned, though, this can sometimes be tricky, as some images may be lower quality, making it harder to work with.

Like a Star @ heaven Colors?

This goes hand-in-hand with "What do you want in your graphic?" if you don't include what color(s) you want your image to be, it can be difficult to please you Razz. So if you want a signature with Batman in it, and you want it to be black and yellow, you may want to mention to the artist which colors.

Like a Star @ heaven Text?

If you wish to have Guest put on your image, you want to mention that. If you want something shorter, mention that. Text can be tricky for artists to include, so the shorter it is, ideally the better. Not in all cases, but most.

Like a Star @ heaven Anything else?

Sometimes you have other tad-bits of information you wish to include, such as you want it to be a certain font, or have a certain colored boarder, etc. These things are important to mention!

PAYING - PERSPECTIVE OF BOTH PARTIES
If what you're buying is expensive, you may want to consider getting a middle man (I am always available to hold money, and am Trusted, so can currently hold 1B in trust trades; shoot me a PM if need be).

Sometimes the artist working on it may want a safety net, to be ensured that you will not run away with the artwork they create, without paying. However, this thought goes both ways. The person purchasing the graphic doesn't want to have the artist run away without them creating the product for you.

So to be safe, let them create the artwork first and then you pay once it is created. However, if it is expensive, seek a middle man so it is safe for both parties

VOUCHING - THINGS ALLOWED, AND NOT ALLOWED
Vouches are a way of publicly showing trust; this is not a solid way of showing it, but in the community, it is one way.

Vouches are given when trust is involved, when at least one party is showing trust. When no trust is given from a party, they do not receive a vouch.

This goes with the graphics section, too. You CAN obtain a vouch for buying\selling graphics, but CANNOT receive a vouch if the graphic is given to you for free, or you make a graphic for someone for free. If you are caught doing so, your vouch will be removed, and you will likely to be warned by upper rank.

Remember, vouches are a way of showing trust. Don't abuse them!

And there you have it.
If you have any questions, concerns, feedback, etc., feel free to post Razz

Last edited by Kelly on 13/10/2012, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~

MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):

Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: [Guide] - Things to Include When Purchasing Graphics

Post by Saber on 21/7/2012, 7:40 am

+ rep, thanks.

Just a question: If I am selling a graphic do i vouch for the buyer?
Saber
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly on 21/7/2012, 7:50 am

Bomb wrote:+ rep, thanks.

Just a question: If I am selling a graphic do i vouch for the buyer?

If the person who is buying the graphic has paid for it, you both get a vouch. Examples for different possibilities:

Like a Star @ heaven Bob has requested a graphic from you. He is offering you 10M for it. You make it, he pays. Vouch to both parties. Trust, to an extend, was given on both ends, as you created the graphic for him, rather than leaving\running away (even though less trust is on your end), and he paid, even though he could have run off or something (more trust on his end than yours).

Like a Star @ heaven Sarah has requested a graphic from you. She is not going to be paying you for it, as you both agreed this graphic would be for free. You create the graphic for her, and since no trust was on either side, no one gets a vouch. Even if you do not complete the graphic for her, seeing as it is free, she would not be losing or risking anything, so no trust is given on either end.

Like a Star @ heaven Austin is buying a graphic from Daniel; Daniel creates the graphic, shows it to Austin, but Austin does not reply to the PM, but saves the graphics (Daniel does not know this). Austin is at fault, as he failed to show trust on his end by not paying. A report can be made over this. Even if the scam was only a 3M+, it can still be report worthy, or at least notified to the appropriate Admin(s) to handle the case.

Used random names throughout for realistic examples *thumbs up emotionic*
Hope that helps Smile

MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~

MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):

Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper on 21/7/2012, 1:48 pm

Nice guide, Kelly. I'll probably link this thread a lot. Save me having to explain things myself.
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum