Is it possible for my laptop to use this monitor without a Dual-DVI port?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it possible for my laptop to use this monitor without a Dual-DVI port?

Post by weena king on 9/11/2012, 11:41 pm

I live in UK, this is the one I plan on buying- [URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tempered-Glass-27-Yamakasi-Catleap-2703-LED-IPS-2560x1440-WQHD-Monitor-/150853378334?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item231f8fe11e"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tempered-Glass-27-Yamakasi-Catleap-2703-LED-IPS-2560x1440-WQHD-Monitor-/150853378334?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item231f8fe11e[/URL]

My laptop's screen broke today; however I'm not going to build my own desktop for another 6-12 months. So I'm stuck with my current laptop but need to buy an external screen: I figured to save money I'd buy a good one- the one I want for my desktop in one year- now.

MAIN QUESTION BEGINS:

In the product description it says "does not work with laptops" and "must be direct to Dual-DVI, can't use adaptors".
My graphics card is good enough; however, my laptop only has the following ports: VGA, HDMI and DisplayPort. Is the manufacturer just saying an adaptor can't be used to be safe, or will it be impossible for me to use this laptop without a Dual-DVI port?
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it possible for my laptop to use this monitor without a Dual-DVI port?

Post by bs merchants on 10/11/2012, 9:26 am

So your laptop screen has broken, and you want to buy an external monitor for it instead? Surely getting the screen repaired is by far the best option?
bs merchants
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master on 10/11/2012, 3:44 pm

it only lists dual dvi so i'd say it won't work without it.

i'd recommend a benq monitor since this one probably won't work, there's a great one for about £217 that's nice, this brand makes professional grade and consumer grade, assuming from the quality of the professional grade the consumer grade must be good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=benq+monitor

if you don't like those i heard acer is good. try to find one with HDMI or VGa depending on if your laptop has HDMI or not.

Last edited by attk master on 13/11/2012, 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by redneck91 on 10/11/2012, 5:16 pm

I'd say go ahead and repair your laptop screen so you'll have that computer as well once you get your desktop running.
redneck91
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum