Graphics Event Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Josh Designs on 18/2/2013, 9:00 am


Your guy's opinions means a lot to us and we wanna hear whats on your mind. So basically if you have a suggestion for an event you would like to see us tryout as a graphic section go ahead and post it here. Explain it a little bit, and if its popular enough that it sounds like enough people will partake we will have at it!
avatar
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Magic on 18/2/2013, 9:12 am

Copy Pasta'd from a PM I previously sent:


I've got an idea that I think would be a really good thing to implement in the graphics section as not only would it be a good place to showcase your work and develop your skills, but you would be doing this while working together with the rest of the community. (Corny Intro, I know.)

This isn't my original idea, but I think it would be perfect for the Smokin Mils graphics community. Anyway, I was thinking that we could start a "Graphics Worm".

How it Works:
All of the designers in the community add on to other designers work to make a "Graphics Worm".
It starts with someone making their image, the next designer must then transition from the first piece to their own image, trying to make the transition as seamless as possible. The worm goes from left to right, with the previous designer's image on the left and the next designer adding to the right.

Some Rules:
Size must be 600x450 pixels.
Must have a completely Black border of 3 pixels along the top and bottom.
The previous image can't be changed at all.
Must complete your image within 48 hours or you will be skipped.
Must follow all Smokin Mils/Graphics Section Rules.


To help explain what I mean, here's one I prepared earlier (actually it's just an example):
http://www.graphics-worm.co.nr/

The only problem would be creating the website itself.

Anyway, let me know what you think and I hope we can get it started!
avatar
Magic
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Josh Designs on 18/2/2013, 9:16 am

Im VERY VERY VERY interested in starting a sigworm here in SM. Possibly could be our next event i hope if all looks good. I dont think we would need a website for it as iv seen people do without. I did try earlier in ArtisticBlur to do something similar to a sig worm just a lot more basic version. Here is the link.

http://www.smokinelite.com/t71757-artistic-blur-tagwall-challenge
avatar
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by PredatorGFX on 18/2/2013, 12:05 pm

I would like an event that makes a contribution to something. For example, an event where we submit banners to potentially replace this one.



I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't take too much of their time. Or maybe a site background to replace the generic one we currently have.


On a side note, may I have your permission to display this badge please?
avatar
PredatorGFX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Inhaps on 18/2/2013, 12:23 pm

PredatorGFX wrote:On a side note, may I have your permission to display this badge please?

He made it for that purpose. Everyone is encouraged to use it.

_____________________


avatar
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by PRISM on 18/2/2013, 11:16 pm

PredatorGFX wrote:I would like an event that makes a contribution to something. For example, an event where we submit banners to potentially replace this one.



I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't take too much of their time. Or maybe a site background to replace the generic one we currently have.


On a side note, may I have your permission to display this badge please?

There was a competition a while back for both ocasions. The simple background was also part of a competition ad requested by Mr J actually. But go for it!

I have no idea where these competitions went to, and i don't think i can retrieve them either. But maybe someone could link you to the topic. bounce
avatar
PRISM
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Mr Zuidenaar on 19/2/2013, 3:34 pm

PRISM wrote:
PredatorGFX wrote:I would like an event that makes a contribution to something. For example, an event where we submit banners to potentially replace this one.



I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't take too much of their time. Or maybe a site background to replace the generic one we currently have.


On a side note, may I have your permission to display this badge please?

There was a competition a while back for both ocasions. The simple background was also part of a competition ad requested by Mr J actually. But go for it!

I have no idea where these competitions went to, and i don't think i can retrieve them either. But maybe someone could link you to the topic. bounce
They are in the basket, only Admins can see that and move them from there
avatar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by PRISM on 19/2/2013, 6:10 pm

Mr Zuidenaar wrote:
PRISM wrote:
PredatorGFX wrote:I would like an event that makes a contribution to something. For example, an event where we submit banners to potentially replace this one.



I'm sure the admins wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't take too much of their time. Or maybe a site background to replace the generic one we currently have.


On a side note, may I have your permission to display this badge please?

There was a competition a while back for both ocasions. The simple background was also part of a competition ad requested by Mr J actually. But go for it!

I have no idea where these competitions went to, and i don't think i can retrieve them either. But maybe someone could link you to the topic. bounce
They are in the basket, only Admins can see that and move them from there


Any idea if the graphic team is able to access the basket?
avatar
PRISM
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Mr Zuidenaar on 19/2/2013, 6:13 pm

Just admins, noone else
avatar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Graphics Event Suggestions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum