Background I made recently

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Background I made recently

Post by eater on 22/2/2013, 6:52 pm

http://patelpb.deviantart.com/art/Dynamo-355500086

I know it's lacking fullness, but I don't know what to add .-.

And here's another that I made yesterday.. the recipient didn't like it.. understandably due to the text (which I will fix).

http://www.deviantart.com/download/355667572/megan_fox_by_patelpb-d5vr6us.jpg
eater
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Background I made recently

Post by Josh Designs on 22/2/2013, 7:05 pm

They are nice i could be nit picky on both and pick out things that i dislike, but overall not bad.
Josh Designs
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PredatorGFX on 22/2/2013, 10:41 pm

I'm scared to post. Everyone who makes a comment seems to get a negative rep.

As for the first wallpaper, I love it. I don't think it's missing "fullness", it's a space image. Can I have your permission to use it as a resource stock?

As for the Meganfox one, I don't like the 3D text. Vectors should generally go with 2D text, unless the 3D text is also a vector.
PredatorGFX
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga on 22/2/2013, 10:50 pm

Yeah we have a user that likes -repping everyone they see Razz DW doesn't affect you here

Spoiler:

Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by eater on 23/2/2013, 4:17 pm

PredatorGFX wrote:I'm scared to post. Everyone who makes a comment seems to get a negative rep.

As for the first wallpaper, I love it. I don't think it's missing "fullness", it's a space image. Can I have your permission to use it as a resource stock?

As for the Meganfox one, I don't like the 3D text. Vectors should generally go with 2D text, unless the 3D text is also a vector.

Sure thing, for the resource stock.
I'd appreciate if you would post on the deviant art with where you used it, but you don't have to by any means. Very Happy

And yeah.. the megan fox one was lazily finished, a mistake on my part. I knew how I should've done the text, but I was in no mood to do it .-.

Thanks for the feedback!
eater
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by todgott on 23/2/2013, 4:58 pm

I see a few problems with the wallpaper.
Firstly, i'm not sure why, can't seem to see good depth, maybe its just me.
Secondly, the drop-shadow effect from the planet is super depth-killing and out of place. Think about it, where would the shadow drop to? On the black matter? Don't think so. You should have just darkened the edge of the planet, not making it drop any shadows Razz
Thirdly - adding magneta color somewhere would liven up the piece and make it more vibrant, atm it looks very monotonus
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps on 23/2/2013, 6:36 pm

todgott wrote:Secondly, the drop-shadow effect from the planet is super depth-killing and out of place. Think about it, where would the shadow drop to? On the black matter? Don't think so. You should have just darkened the edge of the planet, not making it drop any shadows Razz

That's just how light works; result of crepuscular rays.

Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by todgott on 23/2/2013, 6:48 pm

Inhaps wrote:
todgott wrote:Secondly, the drop-shadow effect from the planet is super depth-killing and out of place. Think about it, where would the shadow drop to? On the black matter? Don't think so. You should have just darkened the edge of the planet, not making it drop any shadows Razz

*facepalm* show me a genuine satelite image where moon or mars has a shadow falling on nothing... theres vacuum all around, where would the shadow fall onto?
I might be wrong, but it certainly doesn't look right
todgott
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps on 23/2/2013, 8:19 pm

todgott wrote:
Inhaps wrote:

*facepalm* show me a genuine satelite image where moon or mars has a shadow falling on nothing... theres vacuum all around, where would the shadow fall onto?
I might be wrong, but it certainly doesn't look right

It's possible for a similar effect to appear in genuine photography, given the right setting. Saturn's moon Enceladus has done it. It probably shouldn't be as pronounced as it is in eater's image but the thing is it's not entirely impossible.

Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure on 23/2/2013, 9:05 pm

Those ray effects are used all the time in space backgrounds which have a strong light source and the right positioning of everything within them. Using them in that particular image is perfectly fine. The reason they look wrong is because the angle is wrong.

I'll try to explain it...

The angle assumes that the distance from viewpoint to planet is the same as distance from viewpoint to the light source. In reality the distance from viewpoint to light source is far greater, so the rays should be at a far shallower angle (closer to the horizontal). Basically you haven't taken into account the depth.
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by codingstyle on 23/2/2013, 9:56 pm

the backgrounds look really good...
exspecially the first one Very Happy
codingstyle
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by eater on 23/2/2013, 11:08 pm

Aezure wrote:Those ray effects are used all the time in space backgrounds which have a strong light source and the right positioning of everything within them. Using them in that particular image is perfectly fine. The reason they look wrong is because the angle is wrong.

I'll try to explain it...

The angle assumes that the distance from viewpoint to planet is the same as distance from viewpoint to the light source. In reality the distance from viewpoint to light source is far greater, so the rays should be at a far shallower angle (closer to the horizontal). Basically you haven't taken into account the depth.

Which actually reminds me - the depth was supposed to be more defined by another planet further away [aka, closer/bigger to the viewer]! Thank you for discussing this - I will make the corresponding changes when I get home. Smile

Edit: If I were to make the shadow more towards the horizontal and subsequently change the angle, it would not be to the opposite of the coronal area of the planet... which would make it even more uneven. I think a more viable solution would simply be to change either the position of the planet, or the light reflection on the surface of it.
eater
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fr3shN1k3s on 24/2/2013, 5:22 am

Thanks for the free background (:
Fr3shN1k3s
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by PRISM on 25/2/2013, 12:15 am

megan fox needs some sharpness! overall its great!
PRISM
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PoPoTaTo on 25/2/2013, 2:46 am

love the desktop background Smile
PoPoTaTo
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down