Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Quercus on 23/5/2013, 5:45 pm

Not sure whether to go for it or wait until next year and see what else comes out?.

I've needed a laptop for a while now, I've got a Mac Mini 2012 for home so would be using the laptop for work/travelling.

- Quercus
avatar
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Wutz on 23/5/2013, 7:06 pm

Well I can reccomend it for sure Smile I love my Macbook

I would wait a month or two tho, as I have heard that there will be a new version of the Pro, with a new processor, not sure if its true tho.
avatar
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Quercus on 23/5/2013, 7:50 pm

Yeah I saw a video about that too, everything is outdated to quick nowadays anyway. Might just buy one, I don't need it for any specific reason apart from researching stuff and general use while out and about.
avatar
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by attk master on 23/5/2013, 8:19 pm

can't recommend it, no reason to spend that much for general use, i recommend just an ultrabook like a lenovo u series or something, i wouldn't spend more than $700 for what you need. what are you specific needs, and budget? a thinkpad t430 may be a good option for you instead.
avatar
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Wutz on 24/5/2013, 11:43 am

attk master wrote:can't recommend it, no reason to spend that much for general use, i recommend just an ultrabook like a lenovo u series or something, i wouldn't spend more than $700 for what you need. what are you specific needs, and budget? a thinkpad t430 may be a good option for you instead.

Well I think the reason he is considering a Macbook is because he doesn't want a 5kg tank computer...
avatar
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Quercus on 24/5/2013, 5:25 pm

I won't buy another windows computer as long as I live Razz

Mac's are the way forward no matter how overpriced they may be.

I'm now considering the cheapest Macbook Air at the moment which comes to around 750 GBP.

avatar
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Wutz on 24/5/2013, 6:27 pm

StonyShellRS wrote:I won't buy another windows computer as long as I live Razz

Mac's are the way forward no matter how overpriced they may be.

I'm now considering the cheapest Macbook Air at the moment which comes to around 750 GBP.


When you say the cheapest one, are you then talking about the 11'' one? Smile
avatar
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by attk master on 24/5/2013, 6:32 pm

StonyShellRS wrote:I won't buy another windows computer as long as I live Razz

Mac's are the way forward no matter how overpriced they may be.

I'm now considering the cheapest Macbook Air at the moment which comes to around 750 GBP.


i can assure you macs aren't and never will be the way forward, apple is a terrible company from it's overpriced stuff, to the deception of it's customers, etc. linux/ubuntu is the future. however, a macbook air would be good enough for what you're using it for, the 11 in screen is very small, it makes the 14 in screen look big so be aware of that. also the 64 gb ssd is very small, after installation of the OS and everything else you should have around 50gb, should be enough for your needs but that 50gb will go very quickly.

Wutz wrote:
attk master wrote:can't recommend it, no reason to spend that much for general use, i recommend just an ultrabook like a lenovo u series or something, i wouldn't spend more than $700 for what you need. what are you specific needs, and budget? a thinkpad t430 may be a good option for you instead.

Well I think the reason he is considering a Macbook is because he doesn't want a 5kg tank computer...

most PC laptops are under 2.5 kg, most gaming laptops are under 4kg, most high end ultrabooks are under 3 lbs and are thinner than the macbook air.
avatar
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by db on 27/5/2013, 6:32 pm

I would not recommend purchasing any Apple product.
avatar
db
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Justln on 27/5/2013, 11:30 pm

@StonyShellRS,

If you're not someone who goes out to buy the newest Apple products, go ahead and get the MacBook you've been eyeing. Even if Apple releases a newer, 'better' version in a year, it won't be so different that you'd regret owning the one you bought.


@Everyone else,

It's obvious Apple products will never be the 'best' option, and that linux is the future, but because of Apple's incredible marketing strategies people don't go and buy a Mac for better specs, they buy one to say they own a Mac.

Oh, and Arch = #1 distro.

Smile

Justln
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by evilMonkey on 28/5/2013, 3:44 pm

If you simply prefer the OS, just get a Windows PC and install a copy of OSX on it. They both run the same specs now, but you get more bang for your buck when you buy a PC.
avatar
evilMonkey
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by schoeee on 28/5/2013, 7:34 pm

Chromebook Pixel

avatar
schoeee
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by db on 28/5/2013, 10:23 pm

schoeee wrote:Chromebook Pixel

Good for most things.
avatar
db
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Thinking of buying a MacBook Pro 13' HELP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum