Need help with Ubuntu VPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need help with Ubuntu VPS

Post by Daxaal on 28/6/2013, 1:06 pm

I currently need some help with the new VPS I got for my irc bot Smile . The VPS runs on Ubuntu 11.10 x86(32 bit) and I need help with setting up java properly so the bot can work. I also need some help with learning how to use sessions or screens so the bot can stay on IRC even when I close down the terminal.

I've currently made the bot work and stay on IRC however I don't know how I did it exactly, and I also don't know how to take it off IRC Neutral . I've also installed an excess amount of java packages which has occuppied alot of my VPS so I'm planning on cleaning it out and starting fresh again installing only what I need which is where I need help. Smile

So would someone be able to help me setup java on my VPS and teach me how to keep the irc bot running even when I close Putty (terminal). I read it has something to do with screens and sessions to keep java programs running when the terminal is closed but I don't really know many commands or how to use it. So what commands should I be copying and pasting into the terminal? Or if it would be easier and I feel like I can trust you I could give you access to my VPS.
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum