Event suggestions

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Event suggestions

Post by Cille on 6/8/2013, 8:23 pm

Hello all, and welcome to the event section, this thread is here for you to post any ideas that you have for a specific event you would like to see hosted. When posting an event suggestion, please make sure to follow the template given below, also before posting a suggestion please check the list of suggestions to make sure that the event you would like hosted isn't already posted.

Events Suggested:
Spoiler:

Note: Events with (H) next to thier name have already been hosted.
Barbarian Assault (H):

Event Description: If we'd have enough people for a team we'd just form one, if not I guess we'd go to the official world and get the remaining people. There could be problems if noone wanted to be defender or something like that though... There are nice rewards like weight reducing gloves, boosts to agility xp, penance outfit for people like me, that aim to get all minigame rewards.

Fishing trawler (H):

Event Description : A minigame probably every memeber could access. We would all meet up and play a game of fishing trawler(easy to learn). One of the minigame rewards is shark teeth necklace which even some completionist capers don't have.

Great Orb Project (H):

Event Description : Those with 50 runecrafting would meet up at RC guild and get into 2 teams. Then we'd play it out. This could be done in f2p too. There are also alot of useful rewards in this minigame(RC master robes to make max capes jelly, rc teletabs for cash or daily challenge...)

Trouble brewing (H):

Event Description : We'd need at least 6 people for this I believe. An imo pretty fun minigame that is normally dead... Rewards are pretty fast to obtain and include flags, pirate outfits and teleport items to mos le harmless island. We'd simply meet up, get in teams and start playing.

Games Room (H):

Event Description : I guess there could be a tournament for this one or we would just randomly play it for fun. There aren't really any notable amounts in the minigame itself though, apart from being able to access extra rooms...

Spoiler:
Name of the event: Brimhaven agility arena
Event Description : Imo, the most fun way to train agility. It would be good because any agility level can access the minigame, but even the higher leveled players could get a nice xp from it. We'd simply meet up at brimhaven with food and get going.

Conquest (H):

Event Description : This could possibly be some sort of tournament. The good part about it is that it is a pretty fast way to get points for void armour(which still provides some boost in rs3) and it awards the same amount of points if you win or lose. Bad part is, maybe the games would drag and take longer time for some people.

Flash Powder Factory (H):

Event Description : A really nice looking armor for reward and doing it with a group in an event would make it more fun than it usually is(usually it's boring...). Only bad part could be it has pretty high skill requirements to access.

Mobilising Armies (H):

Event Description : MA minigame, possibly a tournament. It *could* get interesting, since normally in MA worlds people just boost. The actual battles are pretty rare.

Fist of Guthix (H):

Event Description : An event that also everyone could access. It has some pretty nice rewards too and alot of people know how to play it already.

Various FunOrb events:

Event Description : Funorb has a selection of many multiplayer games and everyone with a RS acc could play them. You wouldn't need to make any new accounts for that. It could be some kind of a tournament.

Curve Fever (H):

Event Description : A flash game that is imo very fun to play. It can hold up to maximum 6 players in 1 game and doesn't require registering, since you can play as guest. The gameplay is pretty common sense and shouldn't be hard to learn. Link to that game is here: http://curvefever.com/play2.php - feel free to try it out as a guest. It can be played on a browser.

Castle Wars (H):

Event Description : I prefer the 07 version of this. But it doesnt need explaining much, you play a game (or two) of Castle Wars and the winning team is rewarded

Last Man Standing (H):

Event Description : Again, not much explanation needed. You go to the wildy or fight pits and then reward 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Draw my thing (H):

Game Link: Draw My Thing

Fourplay:

Event Description: OMGPOP game/similar to Connect Four

Trivia (H):

Event Description: The host of the event asks questions related to a particular topic and whoever answers the question first wins the event.

Anagrams (H):

Event Description : Could be RS or RL related(or sm). Would take place in IRC. Not sure how many people would like this kind of event though.

Harder Scavenger hunt (H):

Event Description : In Scavenger hunt there are normally items being given and hints to the locations. What if hints were given both for locations and items? For example: "Clue #1: First person is hiding near the anti monster group society(H.A.M. Hideout). You will need to bring him this item: Anagram: edenle(needle)."
Instead of anagrams obviously clues for the items could be given.

House party (H):

Event Description : This would be done at one of ranks' Player owned house. It could be fun or for rewards. Preferably the rank hosting this would have a house... not just a room and garden... Anyway there could be many games in this event. FFA combt in dungeon, dungeon raids, games room games, dps ....

Chase (H):

Event Description : 1 Rank would ran away from event starting spot. The other people would have to find him and trade him. 1st to do so wins. There could be many variations of this. Rank could possibly give hints to where he is/was/is going, have private on so people can trail.... It would be like HidenSeek except, the people we are seeking would be moving.

Rock, Paper, Sicssors:

Event Description:

Connect 4:

Event Description : Ok, so Im not sure exactly how events go in the clan yet, as I am still new to everything but ts. Im an 7 guy more than EOC, so I thought an 07 event would be cool! Heres my idea: in the games room there is connect 4! I would be willing to organize, provide prizes and so on for a connect 4 tourney! Its a semi easy game that most people used to play when they were a kid! Everyone could meet in a world and play 1v1 and people can spectate! Im not sure about single/double elimination or what as of now, but I thought it would be a cool idea! Feedback appreciated!

Fastest X Kill (H):

Event Description : To put it simply you choose a boss and whoever is able to kill it the fastest (video and timer evidence mandatory) or instead of one boss once, you could do any creature any amount of times, but whoever is able to produce that/those kills the fastest wins.

Gunbound Event:

Game Link: [url=http://gunbound.softnyx.net/]Gunbound

Flipping hour:

Event Description : People that like to flip would come to grand exchange, flip and talk about flipping

Amazing Race:
You are suppose to go to "checkpoints" where hosts are located, and give them the item. Both the location and the item should be like described, for example the Lumbridge Swamp should be "A damp place with several dead trees, on the east of this place is a boat.

Barrows Events (H):

Description: A group of players gather together and kill the barrows brothers.

Riddles (H):

Event Description : In the event there would be around 12 riddles that are on teh subject on Runscape,(in the IRC) this winner would be the person who answers the most riddles, pretty simple

One Piece (H):

Description:This is like a quest. Riddles, anagrams, cryptic clues, fighting ranks in combat to attain next clue(don't be too hard on us tho =P). Just like a in game quest but hosted by the ranks...It will require atleast 3-5 ranks working together to host something like this. In the Clan Events page the thread about the quest will be posted, and every 10-15 mins it can be updated with the next riddle/anagram/challenge...the ranks can either be hiding at that spot or the riddle may indicate an item which we must acquire, with a rank being the "Game Master"/"quest Master" and he must help to verify if items are right, when a challenger has finished all the challenges he/she has to find the buried treasure( People who have done the quest "Carnillean Rising" can bury chests with pin code/key) and either obtain the key from the "Game master" or if its a pin the pin code may be pmed to the challenger.

One piece 2 (H):

Description: There will be buried treasure you have to find, and only one person is needed to host this, He/she may ask players to get them items(maybe 5-10 items,upto you) (in the form of riddles/anagrams posted in the thread on forums) and find the Host who has hidden themselves with the key/pin somewhere in rs( the hints for hints can be said in the FC chat) with the right items to obtain the key/pin. Its is upto the host to hide the treasure near their hidden location or far away.

Haxball (H):

Game Link: [url=www.haxball.com]Haxball

Divine Inventions:

Event Description : Well as for now there is no exact date when the Inventor skill will be up. So why not prepare? Making a skilling event to train one while preparing for another. Gathering divine energy(starting from the lowest). That way there will be no need to by the energy when the skill comes out and train divination at the same time.

Old school RS Skill of the month:

Event Description : just like the current SOTM but in 07scape.. I'd like to host it.

Code:

Name of the event:
How many hosts should the event have?:
What is the least amount of people needed to have the event?:
What is the maximum amount of people who can take part in the event?:
What activities would the event consist of?:
If the event was chosen to be hosted, how long do you think it should last?:

Thank you for reading, and hopefully we will be using your suggestions soon!

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Event suggestions

Post by Yamiteh on 6/8/2013, 8:48 pm

Thank you for this thread Cille!

Here are my suggestions:

Name of the event: Barbarian Assault
Describe the event in a few sentences: If we'd have enough people for a team we'd just form one, if not I guess we'd go to the official world and get the remaining people. There could be problems if noone wanted to be defender or something like that though... There are nice rewards like weight reducing gloves, boosts to agility xp, penance outfit for people like me, that aim to get all minigame rewards.

Name of the event: Fishing trawler
Describe the event in a few sentences: A minigame probably every memeber could access. We would all meet up and play a game of fishing trawler(easy to learn). One of the minigame rewards is shark teeth necklace which even some completionist capers don't have Razz

Name of the event: Great Orb Project
Describe the event in a few sentences: Those with 50 runecrafting would meet up at RC guild and get into 2 teams. Then we'd play it out. This could be done in f2p too. There are also alot of useful rewards in this minigame(RC master robes to make max capes jelly, rc teletabs for cash or daily challenge...)

Name of the event: Trouble brewing
Describe the event in a few sentences: We'd need at least 6 people for this I believe. An imo pretty fun minigame that is normally dead... Rewards are pretty fast to obtain and include flags, pirate outfits and teleport items to mos le harmless island. We'd simply meet up, get in teams and start playing.

Name of the event: Games Room
Describe the event in a few sentences: I guess there could be a tournament for this one or we would just randomly play it for fun. There aren't really any notable amounts in the minigame itself though, apart from being able to access extra rooms...

Name of the event: Brimhaven agility arena
Describe the event in a few sentences: Imo, the most fun way to train agility. It would be good because any agility level can access the minigame, but even the higher leveled players could get a nice xp from it. We'd simply meet up at brimhaven with food and get going.

Name of the event: Conquest
Describe the event in a few sentences: This could possibly be some sort of tournament. The good part about it is that it is a pretty fast way to get points for void armour(which still provides some boost in rs3) and it awards the same amount of points if you win or lose. Bad part is, maybe the games would drag and take longer time for some people.

Name of the event: Flash Powder Factory
Describe the event in a few sentences: A really nice looking armor for reward and doing it with a group in an event would make it more fun than it usually is(usually it's boring...). Only bad part could be it has pretty high skill requirements to access.

Name of the event: Mobilising Armies
Describe the event in a few sentences: MA minigame, possibly a tournament. It *could* get interesting, since normally in MA worlds people just boost. The actual battles are pretty rare.

Name of the event: Fist of Guthix
Describe the event in a few sentences: An event that also everyone could access. It has some pretty nice rewards too and alot of people know how to play it already.

I'm also up to non RS events. I really like Draw My Thing events for example, but my guess is there could be also:

Name of the event: Various FunOrb events
Describe the event in a few sentences: Funorb has a selection of many multiplayer games and everyone with a RS acc could play them. You wouldn't need to make any new accounts for that. It could be some kind of a tournament.

Name of the event: Curve Fever
Describe the event in a few sentences: A flash game that is imo very fun to play. It can hold up to maximum 6 players in 1 game and doesn't require registering, since you can play as guest. The gameplay is pretty common sense and shouldn't be hard to learn. Link to that game is here: http://curvefever.com/play2.php - feel  free to try it out as a guest. It can be played on a browser.

That would be all for now, I guess.
I'd also like to add my favourite type of events are those that are in RS and Draw My Thing. I really like Scavenger hunt, Hide and Seek and treasure hunt. My least favourite are !roll events - I'd personally rather see rewards being given equally to everyone, but I guess alot of people like !rolling.

What are your favourite events?
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojohaza1 on 6/8/2013, 9:29 pm

Personally I love any combat related event, I dislike events that are complete luck (e.g. dice duels, !roll).

Some examples of combat events:

Name of the event: Castle Wars
Describe the event in a few sentences: I prefer the 07 version of this. But it doesnt need explaining much, you play a game (or two) of Castle Wars and the winning team is rewarded.

Name of the event: Last Man Standing
Describe the event in a few sentences: Again, not much explanation needed. You go to the wildy or fight pits and then reward 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

Also I am a fan of non-RS events such as Poker and Draw My Thing.
Mojohaza1
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nytrisify on 8/8/2013, 7:49 pm

Oh my gawsh

1) Draw my thing (OMGPOP game)
2) Fourplay (OMGPOP game/similar to Connect Four
3.) Trivia. Everyone likes a GOOD trivia. Razz

www.omgpop.com is the website for the first 2 suggestions.

Thank you.

Nytrisify
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille on 9/8/2013, 12:45 pm

Thank's for the suggestions guys! Smile 

If you come up with more please post them!

Also we are trying to look for original events that would still be fun, so it doesn't just become trivia or something Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh on 9/8/2013, 2:48 pm

Cille wrote:Thank's for the suggestions guys! Smile 

If you come up with more please post them!

Also we are trying to look for original events that would still be fun, so it doesn't just become trivia or something Smile
I guess that when you say original events you mean stuff like waterbaloon fight, agility race, firewalking race...
I like those, but in future I want firewalking races to be done in open areas to prevent accidental blocking of your competitiors.

Name of the event: Anagrams
Describe the event in a few sentences: Could be RS or RL related(or sm). Would take place in IRC. Not sure how many people would like this kind of event though.

Name of the event: Harder Scavenger hunt
Describe the event in a few sentences: In Scavenger hunt there are normally items being given and hints to the locations. What if hints were given both for locations and items? For example: "Clue #1: First person is hiding near the anti monster group society(H.A.M. Hideout). You will need to bring him this item: Anagram: edenle(needle)."
Instead of anagrams obviously clues for the items could be given. For some examples you could take a look at those clues and items: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeoneering/Puzzles#Enigmatic_hoardstalker_.28riddles.29

Last edited by yamiteh on 12/10/2013, 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh on 17/8/2013, 5:12 pm

Name of the event: House party
Describe the event in a few sentences: This would be done at one of ranks' Player owned house. It could be fun or for rewards. Preferably the rank hosting this would have a house... not just a room and garden... Anyway there could be many games in this event. FFA combt in dungeon, dungeon raids, games room games, dps ....

Name of the event: Chase
Describe the event in a few sentences: 1 Rank would ran away from event starting spot. The other people would have to find him and trade him. 1st to do so wins. There could be many variations of this. Rank could possibly give hints to where he is/was/is going, have private on so people can trail.... It would be like HidenSeek except, the people we are seeking would be moving.
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 3XG on 18/8/2013, 3:11 am

Rock, Paper, Sicssors is a cool one, I donated to Dag 1m 07 today and the participants seemed to enjoy it. What you do is make a bracket of all the participants in the giveaway and the 2 that vs both querey you rock, paper, or sicssors. Next you announce in the Irc what both of the participants chose and who ever wins advances to the next round. Hope you use this Smile

3XG
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille on 18/8/2013, 10:51 am

Once again, thanks for the suggestions guys! Smile keep em coming!

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie on 11/9/2013, 3:02 pm

Name of the event: Connect 4
Describe the event in a few sentences: Ok, so Im not sure exactly how events go in the clan yet, as I am still new to everything but ts. Im an 7 guy more than EOC, so I thought an 07 event would be cool! Heres my idea: in the games room there is connect 4! I would be willing to organize, provide prizes and so on for a connect 4 tourney! Its a semi easy game that most people used to play when they were a kid! Everyone could meet in a world and play 1v1 and people can spectate! Im not sure about single/double elimination or what as of now, but I thought it would be a cool idea! Feedback appreciated!

Edit:Just noticed excessive use of exclamation points!!!
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music on 11/9/2013, 3:07 pm

Moshie wrote:Name of the event: Connect 4
Describe the event in a few sentences: Ok, so Im not sure exactly how events go in the clan yet, as I am still new to everything but ts. Im an 7 guy more than EOC, so I thought an 07 event would be cool! Heres my idea: in the games room there is connect 4! I would be willing to organize, provide prizes and so on for a connect 4 tourney! Its a semi easy game that most people used to play when they were a kid! Everyone could meet in a world and play 1v1 and people can spectate! Im not sure about single/double elimination or what as of now, but I thought it would be a cool idea! Feedback appreciated!

Edit:Just noticed excessive use of exclamation points!!!
We have done lots of games room competitions in the past, including Connect 4, but always have been in EOC. Maybe in the future we can do an 07 one Smile Thanks for the suggestion
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Moshie on 11/9/2013, 3:14 pm

Aww, was hoping I had a fresh idea. Ohwell. I just wanna beat Connor at connect 4 all day lol
Moshie
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood on 9/10/2013, 3:59 am

Name of the event: Fastest X Kill
Describe the event in a few sentences: To put it simply you choose a boss and whoever is able to kill it the fastest (video and timer evidence mandatory) or instead of one boss once, you could do any creature any amount of times, but whoever is able to produce that/those kills the fastest wins.

Mr Dan did this a long time ago with Glacor kills.
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music on 9/10/2013, 4:00 am

Blood wrote:Name of the event: Fastest X Kill
Describe the event in a few sentences: To put it simply you choose a boss and whoever is able to kill it the fastest (video and timer evidence mandatory) or instead of one boss once, you could do any creature any amount of times, but whoever is able to produce that/those kills the fastest wins.

Yeah, I remember that. Was really fun, and I think I even won ^.^
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood on 9/10/2013, 4:05 am

Music wrote:

I would say a Corporeal Beast kill, but a lot of people would not dare even try soloing it. Looking through Youtube it would seem that a lot of people time their QBD kills so that could be used.
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music on 9/10/2013, 4:09 am

Blood wrote:
Music wrote:

I would say a Corporeal Beast kill, but a lot of people would not dare even try soloing it. Looking through Youtube it would seem that a lot of people time their QBD kills so that could be used.
QBD, KBD, KQ, or any of the GWD bosses would be a good idea.
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood on 9/10/2013, 4:16 am

Music wrote:
Blood wrote:
Music wrote:

QBD, KBD, KQ, or any of the GWD bosses would be a good idea.
From what I have heard KBD is far too easy so if that is true then that should be out. QBD has the waves and random events within the fight which means luck could play a part in the competition. KQ would be fine if it is only one kill unless they have increased the respawn time. GWD bosses seem like they could work as well, yes. Chaos Elemental is not really a boss, but since it can teleport you that could also be a competition where luck plays part. Giant Mole offers the same depending on where it digs back up and which way it goes. Never been to Tormented Demons, but that seems like an option since it changes weaknesses every few hits or x damage done.

Another thing you could do is select a field or pen (cows for example) and say whoever can have every cow in the field dead at a singular point the fastest (to kill them all before one spawns back).
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 4/11/2013, 11:25 am

http://gunbound.softnyx.net/

Gunbound Event Very Happy, it's a really fun and strategic game.
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by xBaked on 7/11/2013, 2:35 am

I'd like to request more 07 events as that is was is being most dominately played.
Would also suggest Gintoki holds events at different times or get other ranks from Gummys Gummies to host events, because it is a difficult time for most members who work or have school, such as I.
xBaked
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy on 7/11/2013, 4:04 am

xBaked wrote:I'd like to request more 07 events as that is was is being most dominately played.
Would also suggest Gintoki holds events at different times or get other ranks from Gummys Gummies to host events, because it is a difficult time for most members who work or have school, such as I.
Could you be more specific as to what events you would like to see? This would help much more than simply more 07 events. I also would not say that 07 is dominantly more played than RS3 as that is simply not the case. Also, any rank+ member in any rank group can host events, not just Gintoki/my ranks.
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood on 9/11/2013, 3:07 am

I do not have anything specific, but hosting some events later at night (eastern) or even into the early morning would be great.
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge on 9/11/2013, 7:06 pm

From my perspective please continue to run non-combat events, irc based events or safe combat events on Friday and Saturday night, Sunday afternoon and late on Sunday (after 23:30). I am GMT.
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu on 15/11/2013, 1:27 pm

xBaked wrote:I'd like to request more 07 events as that is was is being most dominately played.
Was meaning to reply to this earlier but forgot :\, as gummy said any rank is able to host events. Also I can only host events at the times that I am online, so there really isn't much I change there.
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojohaza1 on 27/11/2013, 11:43 am

Can I suggest that the Event Managers make sure that people put the event dates in the topic description? I know there's a calendar but for people who are just browsing the event forum it is very helpful. Personally when I see something like this http://puu.sh/5uIM1.jpg I am more likely to go to the event with the date stated
Mojohaza1
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam on 27/11/2013, 1:47 pm

Mojohaza1 wrote:Can I suggest that the Event Managers make sure that people put the event dates in the topic description? I know there's a calendar but for people who are just browsing the event forum it is very helpful. Personally when I see something like this http://puu.sh/5uIM1.jpg I am more likely to go to the event with the date stated
It usually gets implemented after a while when Gintoki adds the events to the calender.
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum