New Smokin Mils Google Calendar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Smokin Mils Google Calendar

Post by Natsu on 12/1/2014, 7:23 pm

Announcing the new Smokin Mils Event Calendar.

Starting today we will now be using Google Calendar for our event calendar. This new calendar not only has a better layout than the previous calendar, it also gives you the option to now receive either Mobile (there are 2 methods for which you can receive mobile reminders from Google calendar; either via SMS, or by syncing your Google calendar with your phone's calendar), Browser or Email reminders about events if you have a Google+ account.

Note: All event times are in GMT. If you add it to your own Google+ Calendar account then they will appear there in your own timezone.

Getting Started
Syncing Google Calendars With Your Iphone Or Android Device

Iphone:

Android:
The methods for syncing Google Calendar with your android device vary depending on which version of android you have, so for instructions on how to sync it with your version of android head over to this link.

Linking Google Calendar With Your Mobile Number (skip if you don't want to receive SMS reminders).

Otaining Your Country Code:

Sometimes when entering your phone number to receive SMS updates, the text may not be sent, if this happens to you then you have to enter your country code before the number. To obtain your country code head to this link then:
1: Make sure that the box in "Step 1" conatains any location other than yours and the box in "Step 2" has your location, then Enter your number (the box under step 3):
Spoiler:
2: Click on "show dialing codes", and the number seen is the number that you have to enter.
Spoiler:
Note: Wait atleast 15 minutes before assuming that the text has not been sent, and also make sure to double check your number while entering it.

Spoiler:

1: Head over to the Calendar (also available from forum headers).
2: Click on the button in the bottom right corner of the calendar:
Button:
3: Allow google to add the calendar to your calendars:
Access:
4: Click on "Settings" twice, first the cog symbol, then the actual word:
Settings:
5: Select "Mobile Setup", fill out the form as directed and then click "Send Verification Code", once you have recieved the code, enter it in the box and click finish setup.
MobileSetup:
6: Once this is done it will take you to this page where you can further edit your default notification settings, edit them as you wish then click on save.
NotificationSettings:
Head to step 4 in the next part of the guide to select which events to recieve reminders for.

How To Start Receiving Browser, Mobile or Email Reminders

Spoiler:

1: Head over to the Calendar (also available from forum headers).
2: Click on the button in the bottom right corner of the calendar:
Button:
3: Allow google to add the calendar to your calendars:
Access:
4: Select "Smokin Mils Event Calendar" from "Other Calendars", then select the event that you would like to recieve a reminder for and click "more details":
SelectEvent:
5: Select "Add a reminder" then select the type of reminder and how long before the event you would like to recieve the reminder, finally click on save:
FinalSteps:

Note: In order to receive a browser pop up you must have Google calendar open at the time the reminder is set for.

Last edited by Gintoki on 12/1/2014, 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Re: New Smokin Mils Google Calendar

Post by Yamiteh on 12/1/2014, 7:46 pm

Nice job. I prefer it to the old one. +rep Smile
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam on 14/1/2014, 1:43 pm

Definitely WAY better than the previous one we had and used, now I can view events in the form of GMT +8 timezones and not having to add another 8 hours to every event. Not only that, but I can view upcoming events on the go if I am not home using the computer. Razz +Rep for you
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MoeZ on 31/1/2014, 10:37 pm

So I can only know if there are events from this service, or the old one is still there?
MoeZ
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu on 3/2/2014, 3:03 pm

MoeZ wrote:So I can only know if there are events from this service, or the old one is still there?
The old one was replaced with this one.
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mojohaza1 on 23/3/2014, 3:30 am

seem to have stopped using this?
Mojohaza1
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh on 23/3/2014, 10:50 am

It hasn't been updated for the past few days yeah, but it will be used again shortly. In the meantime please check the clan events section(this section) for updates rather than calendar Smile.
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by laxboy1818a on 9/5/2014, 8:45 am

Ok cool awesome! I didn't know the old one, but I like dis shit

laxboy1818a
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down