PlayerAuctions Payment Bug?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PlayerAuctions Payment Bug?

Post by Spyro on 27/2/2014, 1:11 am

I don't even know if this is the right section, just took a wild stab at it and threw it in here since technically PlayerAuctions is a "blackmarket."

So um, yesterday, I did manage a purchase through the PlayerAuctions, everything went amazing. Awesome, right?

I hop on today and all of a sudden TWO of PlayerAuction's payment methods, Paypal & Credit Card, are "locked."
So I checked my settings and they required me to verify my CC to use the Credit Card option, fine, that was completely fine by me. I successfully verified my Credit Card.

I head back to the check out page, still locked, this time there was no pop up "Verify" button. Paypal, still locked..

I sent in a bug request, (was meaning to do this anyway, there were a few bugs I ran across).

So as of right now, the only option is Moneybookers.. Two things wrong here, 1: I'm not 18 until the 2nd of March, 2: They require you to verify your identity by your Social Security.
That is a HUGE NO-NO for me, I don't know about you guys, but I don't just go throwing my Social Security at a website who's check out page has dead Privacy Policy links.

What now, PlayerAuctions? Question 

Anyone else finding similar problems with the check out system, or is my computer just stupid?

Spyro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Re: PlayerAuctions Payment Bug?

Post by KMV on 28/2/2014, 8:51 am

If you see Paypal + Credit Card are locked that means you are at a spending limit until you verify. However, there is a Moneybookers option that cost a little more but, you can use your credit card thru that. If Paypal was how you planned on paying then you would have to verify except I never had to give them my social to make purchases. Make sure the email is actually from Playerauctions.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyro on 28/2/2014, 6:37 pm

KMV wrote:If you see Paypal + Credit Card are locked that means you are at a spending limit until you verify. However, there is a Moneybookers option that cost a little more but, you can use your credit card thru that. If Paypal was how you planned on paying then you would have to verify except I never had to give them my social to make purchases. Make sure the email is actually from Playerauctions.

I did get an email from PlayerAuctions about needing to verify, which I did. It's just all still locked. My Paypal is verified, and I successfully verified my Credit Card/Bank account, Moneybookers tries to "identify that I'm a real person" by requiring me to give them my Social Security..

Unless their Moneybooker's link is fraudulent, or at least puts an actual working link under the anchor text: "Privacy Policy" & "Terms and Conditions," then I don't see myself ever using Moneybookers.

Spyro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyro on 3/3/2014, 5:38 pm

Hmm even now, my payments are still locked  Mad 

Spyro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV on 5/3/2014, 12:58 am

Spyro wrote:Hmm even now, my payments are still locked  Mad 

The moneybookers website is Http://www.skrill.com if you are asked on anything else then that would be something that isn't moneybookers but, when I got hooked up with moneybookers I was only asked for an ID at one point and that was it.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyro on 5/3/2014, 1:00 am

KMV wrote:

The moneybookers website is Http://www.skrill.com if you are asked on anything else then that would be something that isn't moneybookers but, when I got hooked up with moneybookers I was only asked for an ID at one point and that was it.

With that being said, the question now is, if that isn't moneybookers, then why is PlayerAuctions redirecting me there?
Spyro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV on 5/3/2014, 1:08 am

Spyro wrote:
KMV wrote:

With that being said, the question now is, if that isn't moneybookers, then why is PlayerAuctions redirecting me there?

Skrill = Moneybookers and when you select the payment method it does say Skrill.com at the top.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyro on 5/3/2014, 1:15 am

KMV wrote:
Spyro wrote:
KMV wrote:

Skrill = Moneybookers and when you select the payment method it does say Skrill.com at the top.

Which is my point, my registration came through the PlayerAuctions Skrill checkout link.
Spyro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum