New Build

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Build

Post by Dual_Shock on 23/4/2014, 3:27 am

Just thought I'd show you all my new computer I will be building. Already have the essentials, ie case, fans, etc., just upgrading the 'barebones' as we call it.

If you have any questions regarding building a PC, feel free to shoot me a PM.

avatar
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Daxaal on 23/4/2014, 9:30 am

How does RS look like on max settings with this O.O. And what are your other pc components that you already have? This looks like a high end gaming machine what games you play? Smile
avatar
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Dual_Shock on 24/4/2014, 3:32 pm

Daxaal wrote:How does RS look like on max settings with this O.O. And what are your other pc components that you already have? This looks like a high end gaming machine what games you play? Smile

By essentials, I meant stuff like a case, power supply, 2 x 21.5in Asus Monitors, Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard, Corsair M65 Mouse, etc.

I play everything but like RS. Diablo/League/CS:S/etc.
avatar
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by GiovanniM on 7/5/2014, 1:49 pm

Why the F did you go for an AMD?

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Inhaps on 7/5/2014, 2:03 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Are you displeased with the CPU, GPU or both?

_____________________


avatar
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Daxaal on 7/5/2014, 2:11 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.
avatar
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by GiovanniM on 7/5/2014, 2:18 pm

Daxaal wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Inhaps on 7/5/2014, 3:36 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.

_____________________


avatar
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Minato on 7/5/2014, 8:35 pm

I will agree on Inhaps on this one.
An AMD CPU is perfectly fine one, I have had mine for a long time and I can't really complain.

_____________________



Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by GiovanniM on 7/5/2014, 9:38 pm

Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.

Are you a heavy gamer like allot of cpu usage?

My mom's pc (amd athlon x64 bla bla) reaches 70 degrease celcius on idle if its not cleaned every 2 weeks

i'd rather go with an i5, its easy to install, safe to install, stays cool
But after all it's your own choice

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Ironic on 7/5/2014, 10:04 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.

Are you a heavy gamer like allot of cpu usage?

My mom's pc (amd athlon x64 bla bla) reaches 70 degrease celcius on idle if its not cleaned every 2 weeks

i'd rather go with an i5, its easy to install, safe to install, stays cool
But after all it's your own choice

You're prolly stock with the custom AMD fan, try installing a better fan, coolmaster or smth like that would work better.
avatar
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by GiovanniM on 7/5/2014, 10:13 pm

Ironic wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Daxaal wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:Why the F did you go for an AMD?

Why not? AMD have a great range of processors which are also great for custom built computers.

AMD has a bad performance, And they create a shit ton of heat, Also I got a bad experience with AMD because the pins always broke when I was working on the cpu (e.g: new cooler, new cool paste, new cpu), Mainly; They break quick.

The pins are fragile by their very nature, little can be done to prevent bending with something so tiny. I have a FX-6300 CPU and literally could not complain about anything, save for it being slightly louder than I would like. No heat problems as of yet.

Are you a heavy gamer like allot of cpu usage?

My mom's pc (amd athlon x64 bla bla) reaches 70 degrease celcius on idle if its not cleaned every 2 weeks

i'd rather go with an i5, its easy to install, safe to install, stays cool
But after all it's your own choice

You're prolly stock with the custom AMD fan, try installing a better fan, coolmaster or smth like that would work better.

Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO will be good for that cpu, If you want to be really secure you'd buy a corsair water cooler

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Ironic on 7/5/2014, 10:16 pm

Depending on the size of your case the Hyper EVO would be go, i doubt you need a Water cooler for Athlon tho.
avatar
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Dual_Shock on 4/6/2014, 3:03 am

See here for finished product.

avatar
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Build

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum