[HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 3:48 am

Hello guys! I'm holding a huge contest because I am sick of paying individual people for graphics and not being satisfied. It is clear that a high paying contest is the best way to go.

I know I am not allowed to put my website URL as it is considered advertising. If you would like to see it/learn more add my Skype or PM me.

Contest Information

$20 Prize - Banner Contest
Specifications: I need a banner made that says wolfpack. It can be Wolf Pack, WOLFPACK, wolfpack w/e you choose as this is my website name. I also require that this wolf be in it, yes you can edit the wolf especially the eye color I am giving you full design control I only require the wolf be in it.

Wolf Image Link: http://i.imgur.com/SsHNzDe.png

Website colors are grey and blue so stick to those but again don't feel limited.

$30 Prize - Userbar Set
I'd like a userbar set with the following ranks

- Owner
- Administrator
- Moderator
- Graphic Designer
- Wolf
- Super VIP

Good luck to everyone who enters. Even if you don't win and I enjoy your work I might still hire you for t-shirt designs and other graphics work. Please enter Very Happy

This contest will be running on multiple forums. For full list PM me. I am sick of waiting and paying individuals it's time for a big contest so impress me guys.


Last edited by Yous on 9/6/2014, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by GiovanniM on 3/6/2014, 4:49 am

, nty.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by pokeguyx on 3/6/2014, 7:24 am

I'll see if I can find the time to at least attempt this:) hopefully a few others will too
avatar
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Adri on 3/6/2014, 7:51 am

I'd advise you to put down a deposit at any management member of our forums. With your reputation I guess most GFX'ers really dont wanna work their ass off without us MM'ing.

You haven't posted for a year, infact, your last post made before this one was on your TWC appealing thread. Returning to our forums and expecting people to work for you upfront is a little bit... unrealistic.
avatar
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Cald on 3/6/2014, 9:02 am

Adri wrote:I'd advise you to put down a deposit at any management member of our forums. With your reputation I guess most GFX'ers really dont wanna work their ass off without us MM'ing.

You haven't posted for a year, infact, your last post made before this one was on your TWC appealing thread. Returning to our forums and expecting people to work for you upfront is a little bit... unrealistic.

Moreover this would be ideal given that you could simply use the graphic on your other forum and claim that you didn't like any of the entries, which I'm not claiming that you will do, but it is simply a huge risk that designers take when they enter a competition when there doesn't have to necessarily be a winner, and when the graphic will be used off site.
avatar
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 1:39 pm

Cald wrote:
Adri wrote:I'd advise you to put down a deposit at any management member of our forums. With your reputation I guess most GFX'ers really dont wanna work their ass off without us MM'ing.

You haven't posted for a year, infact, your last post made before this one was on your TWC appealing thread. Returning to our forums and expecting people to work for you upfront is a little bit... unrealistic.

Moreover this would be ideal given that you could simply use the graphic on your other forum and claim that you didn't like any of the entries, which I'm not claiming that you will do, but it is simply a huge risk that designers take when they enter a competition when there doesn't have to necessarily be a winner, and when the graphic will be used off site.

My website is a online community forum that teaches people how to make money through online business. Like SM but rather then merchanting I show people how to make money through real business. Just like SM the 'Rank' group will be 'Wolves' they are the official forum group that work on private projects together making thousands per month.

You can choose not to do graphics work for me, or be tutored by me in business, or join my forum.

Man this week is looking bright so far:


(That's one website)

Am I showing off? Yes. Not because I want to show off but the whole idea behind my website is really to inspire people. I always told myself I would never work a 9-5 job and I would never work under anyone else. To do this day that statement is true.

Everyday I see sheep. These sheep are herded to work and what do they do at the job they hate? They are working for somebody else, working to make somebody else's dreams come true. But they sheep they will tell you not to dream, they will say to you dreaming is dangerous, why? Because when you don't accomplish that dream you will be disappointed.



There are two types of people that are going to read this thread. The first one sees an opportunity, a chance to change their life and forever live as a wolf amongst sheep, a chance to surround yourself with other wolves making you a smarter, happier, and stronger person. The second type of person that reads this thread ducks their head closes the tab and goes back to working with and living amongst sheep.

You guys get this life once. Most of you are at that point in your life where you are setting up the foundation for the rest of your life, you really can live any life you want. That's all I want to do. I don't want your money this is all free, my website will not be making a profit.
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Spunq on 3/6/2014, 1:46 pm

Yous wrote:There are two types of people that are going to read this thread. The first one sees an opportunity, a chance to change their life and forever live as a wolf amongst sheep, a chance to surround yourself with other wolves making you a smarter, happier, and stronger person. The second type of person that reads this thread ducks their head closes the tab and goes back to working with and living amongst sheep.

Given your current status on this forum, and not offering to pay a deposit to a MM to show that you will in fact pay, I'd say that the two types of people are realists and chums, the realists will not do work for free without a 100% chance possibility of being paid, and the chums will do it in hope to get $50 that may not exist, just my two cents Razz
avatar
Spunq
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Adri on 3/6/2014, 1:50 pm

Yous wrote:
Cald wrote:
Adri wrote:I'd advise you to put down a deposit at any management member of our forums. With your reputation I guess most GFX'ers really dont wanna work their ass off without us MM'ing.

You haven't posted for a year, infact, your last post made before this one was on your TWC appealing thread. Returning to our forums and expecting people to work for you upfront is a little bit... unrealistic.

Moreover this would be ideal given that you could simply use the graphic on your other forum and claim that you didn't like any of the entries, which I'm not claiming that you will do, but it is simply a huge risk that designers take when they enter a competition when there doesn't have to necessarily be a winner, and when the graphic will be used off site.

My website is a online community forum that teaches people how to make money through online business. Like SM but rather then merchanting I show people how to make money through real business. Just like SM the 'Rank' group will be 'Wolves' they are the official forum group that work on private projects together making thousands per month.

You can choose not to do graphics work for me, or be tutored by me in business, or join my forum.

Man this week is looking bright so far:


(That's one website)

Am I showing off? Yes. Not because I want to show off but the whole idea behind my website is really to inspire people. I always told myself I would never work a 9-5 job and I would never work under anyone else. To do this day that statement is true.

Everyday I see sheep. These sheep are herded to work and what do they do at the job they hate? They are working for somebody else, working to make somebody else's dreams come true. But they sheep they will tell you not to dream, they will say to you dreaming is dangerous, why? Because when you don't accomplish that dream you will be disappointed.



There are two types of people that are going to read this thread. The first one sees an opportunity, a chance to change their life and forever live as a wolf amongst sheep, a chance to surround yourself with other wolves making you a smarter, happier, and stronger person. The second type of person that reads this thread ducks their head closes the tab and goes back to working with and living amongst sheep.

You guys get this life once. Most of you are at that point in your life where you are setting up the foundation for the rest of your life, you really can live any life you want. That's all I want to do. I don't want your money this is all free, my website will not be making a profit.

Good for you.

What I still dont understand is, the last time you posted a year agow on our forums you decided to push morals out of your boat for some short term benefits while you were making quite abit of money here. Now one year later you return asking people to work for you and they might be paid for their work.

I really dont care what dream you're living, or even creating for others. What I am trying to say is that when you did had something you lose you still took the wrong path. As of today, you dont even have any status here and yet you potentially try to do the same thing over. Why would anybody beleave you? well, they will not.

Great you've a business & great you're making money. Does this take away ANY of my concerns? Nope, you've nothing to lose here, you haven't post for a year and you've a bad reputation. If you want to host a competition like this, you'll have to use some sort of middleman or use a different site/forum.

I hope you've fixed your game, otherwise I see a bad future for your current business partners you're working with.
avatar
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 2:00 pm

Adri wrote:
Good for you.

What I still dont understand is, the last time you posted a year agow on our forums you decided to push morals out of your boat for some short term benefits while you made quite abit of money here. Now one year later you return asking people to work for you and they might be paid for their work.

I really dont care what dream you're living, or even creating for others. What I am trying to say is that because you didn't had anything to lose you decided to lose your pride. As of today, you dont have any status here and yet you potentially try to do the same thing over.

Great you've a business & great you're making money. Does this take away ANY of my concerns? Nope, you've nothing to lose here, you haven't post for a year and you've a bad reputation. If you want to host a competition like this, you'll have to use some sort of middleman or use a different site/forum.

Maybe if you knew what my TWC was actually for you would understand. I also have Skype logs in which I had chats with Dreamer (Mr J has them and they were the reason why I appealed the TWC) in which it was agreed that I was actually scammed by Corowns/Wouter. I don't want to get into that as Corowns is an administrator here there is no need for me to sit here and bash someones reputation.

If you knew the actual story you would understand. I find it disappointing that you say I threw morals out of the window... based on a TWC badge you seem to know nothing about. I guess you forgot the $100's in gold I bought from you.
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Adri on 3/6/2014, 2:06 pm

Yous wrote:Maybe if you knew what my TWC was actually for you would understand. I also have Skype logs in which I had chats with Dreamer (Mr J has them and they were the reason why I appealed the TWC) in which it was agreed that I was actually scammed by Corowns/Wouter. I don't want to get into that as Corowns is an administrator here there is no need for me to sit here and bash someones reputation.

If you knew the actual story you would understand. I find it disappointing that you say I threw morals out of the window... based on a TWC badge you seem to know nothing about. I guess you forgot the $100's in gold a bought from you.

First of all, if you were scammed by Corowns, why do you've a TWC, and he dont.

Secondly, I'd know about your case a fair bit. You barrow 700M from Cheema, you gambled it away without repaying him, you got kicked, you disappeared and half a year later you try to return, which ofcourse was denied and you disappeared another year and here we are. In the end leaving Cheema with a 700M loss..

If you would fix your situation on our forums, you could potentially start off fresh OR you could use a MM for your deals so your trust-status is irrelevant.

End of discussion.
 Epic


Last edited by Adri on 3/6/2014, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Mr Rockeye on 3/6/2014, 2:09 pm

To all the people who are going to enter : add a watermark at the bottom only remove it when you're paid.
As far as I go I won't enter due to the TWC and other commands on this thread.
avatar
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 2:09 pm

Adri wrote:
Yous wrote:Maybe if you knew what my TWC was actually for you would understand. I also have Skype logs in which I had chats with Dreamer (Mr J has them and they were the reason why I appealed the TWC) in which it was agreed that I was actually scammed by Corowns/Wouter. I don't want to get into that as Corowns is an administrator here there is no need for me to sit here and bash someones reputation.

If you knew the actual story you would understand. I find it disappointing that you say I threw morals out of the window... based on a TWC badge you seem to know nothing about. I guess you forgot the $100's in gold a bought from you.

First of all, if you were scammed by Corowns, why do you've a TWC, and he dont.

Secondly, I'd know about your case a fair bit. You loan 700M from Cheema, you gambled it away without repaying him, you got kicked, you disappeared and half a year later you try to return, which ofcourse was denied and you disappeared another year and here we are.


This is not what happened. Sorry you see it that way. If you would like to continue over PM. I know that it's against forum rules to be having these discussions on threads. Feel free to PM me if you want to know what actually happened  Very Happy

Mr Rockeye wrote:To all the people who are going to enter : add a watermark at the bottom only remove it when you're paid.
As far as I go I won't enter due to the TWC and other commands on this thread.

Excellent suggestion. I appreciate it.  cheers 
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Oxodium on 3/6/2014, 2:23 pm

Yous - the last line in the long one up there says ''my website will not be making a profit''

Yet you posted us a picture of your $2k revenue for the week...

make your mind up on which side you want to be at - the side of making $2k/week or the side of claiming you don't make anything.

Oxodium
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 2:27 pm

Oxodium wrote:Yous - the last line in the long one up there says ''my website will not be making a profit''

Yet you posted us a picture of your $2k revenue for the week...

make your mind up on which side you want to be at - the side of making $2k/week or the side of claiming you don't make anything.

The website is still in development and is not designed to make a profit. I run other business that make me my money my website is not one of those. Especially because there are no members on it and it's still in production  Very Happy 
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Heppernaut on 3/6/2014, 2:50 pm

People who seem really sketchy and should use a MM if they want results: Yous.

Seriously dude, if you made 2k in a week, what's 50$ to a MM going to cost. Oh yea, 2.5% of one weeks income.

Heppernaut
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by pokeguyx on 3/6/2014, 5:02 pm

Yous, if you're provided you the requested graphics and they contain watermarks, you agree to pay the designer before the water marks are removed (if you find one you like ofc)? Smile
avatar
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Kelly on 3/6/2014, 5:18 pm

Yous, a lot of people, myself included, have no problems whatsoever doing graphic jobs (freelance, contests, you name it). However, the bottom line here is you have a flashing Trade With Caution badge, and no one in their right mind is going to make a graphic for you, even with a watermark on the graphic, on the chance that they might not get paid.

Think about this mentality for a second: 'Why should I go ahead and spend x hours making graphics for someone who may not even pay me? Even if I do use a watermark, there is a likely chance, based on the TWC, that I may not receive my earned pay.'

Ergo, as was politely mentioned before please use a middleman. Someone whom I highly suggest is Skrillex (URL), who is an Official Middleman. This means he is an extraordinarily trusted individual who can hold unlimited sum of money. If you don't have someone middleman this, I fear you may not see the graphic results you were hoping for. It's great to hear your site has gotten off the ground and making money, but the fact is graphic designers, like really any sort of freelance individual, pick and choose wisely what they want to do. Is it realistic to go ahead and spend time making something that may not yield pay, or not? The average individual would opt to not to.

I'd also like to point out your unwillingness to have someone middleman this transaction for you sort of paints you to have shady intentions. At the end of the day what matters most to me here is the safety of fellow members on the forums. If you really want this contest to be taken seriously, have a middleman. It doesn't matter why you have a TWC, whether you think you deserve it or not, the fact is you DO still have one, and you are not using a Middleman and expecting to be trusted. TWC means people are NOT, under -NO- circumstances going to trust you. That boat sailed ions ago. So please buck up, use a middleman and then everything can go back to being sunshine and rainbows.

The above is just my $0.02 on the matter.



EDIT – For anyone who is considering doing this contest, I urge you to be wary. Watermark ALL of your work for this contest, be aware that this is a contest and your artwork may not be chosen. Tread carefully!

If for some reason you do not know how or what watermarking your graphics is please PM or query me, I have no problems whatsoever showing you how to watermark your work.


_____________________





MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~





MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):


avatar
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 5:55 pm

I honesty wish you all knew the reason for my T.W.C. So I am just going to put this here in a little spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cheema paid 700m to Wouter and I paid 500m equaling my total deposit as a host. Our contract was I would host all through December until New Years to pay Cheema 1.1b. If something happened or I failed Wouter was to pay Cheema back 700m (but feel free to ignore that detail as the real problem comes in later).

I was making money VERY fast. Within my first couple of days I was at 960m and offered Cheema the 968m to be exact. he said just keep going until 1.1b (I had until New Years to have make the 1.1b and at this time it was around the 6-9th of December). I was calling bets to keep the bets flowing and lost some. But It was December 10th and I still had just under 600m. BUT at this a impostor started to emerge and would hang around the SM dicing spot. As instructed I was pre-pared to change my username and would log off whenever the impostor came on.

BUT the final key. It's always been clear Corowns hated me (I will provide even more testimonial to that in another PM if you would like) But while all the previous things were going on Corowns was calling hosts lazy in the hosts forum and was also proposing ideas. As you can see I am someone who voices my opinion. I told him (in the private host forum) that he should also come on more as I hardly ever saw him and I also disagreed with his suggestions.

2 days after that I was kicked from SM Dicing for the reason "You pretend like you run shit and you had an impostor". This decision was made by Corowns (and I believe wouter) no other admins were even told anything and were surprised to find out this happened one year later.

As disappointed as I was at losing my host spot I thought "Hey at least Wouter can pay back Cheema's deposit, hes an admin". Obviously he did not pay the deposit back to Cheema. Im sure you know Wouter is one with no morals as he is banned...

Also again Corowns on his own sent me a PM 'banishing' me from returning to the forum? I was not banned I only had a T.W.C (also given to me solely by Corowns)

That is what happened. So it really puts salt in the wound when people say my reputation is ruined and that I have no morals.


Kelly wrote:Yous, a lot of people, myself included, have no problems whatsoever doing graphic jobs (freelance, contests, you name it). However, the bottom line here is you have a flashing Trade With Caution badge, and no one in their right mind is going to make a graphic for you, even with a watermark on the graphic, on the chance that they might not get paid.

Think about this mentality for a second: 'Why should I go ahead and spend x hours making graphics for someone who may not even pay me? Even if I do use a watermark, there is a likely chance, based on the TWC, that I may not receive my earned pay.'

Ergo, as was politely mentioned before please use a middleman. Someone whom I highly suggest is Skrillex (URL), who is an Official Middleman. This means he is an extraordinarily trusted individual who can hold unlimited sum of money. If you don't have someone middleman this, I fear you may not see the graphic results you were hoping for. It's great to hear your site has gotten off the ground and making money, but the fact is graphic designers, like really any sort of freelance individual, pick and choose wisely what they want to do. Is it realistic to go ahead and spend time making something that may not yield pay, or not? The average individual would opt to not to.

I'd also like to point out your unwillingness to have someone middleman this transaction for you sort of paints you to have shady intentions. At the end of the day what matters most to me here is the safety of fellow members on the forums. If you really want this contest to be taken seriously, have a middleman. It doesn't matter why you have a TWC, whether you think you deserve it or not, the fact is you DO still have one, and you are not using a Middleman and expecting to be trusted. TWC means people are NOT, under -NO- circumstances going to trust you. That boat sailed ions ago. So please buck up, use a middleman and then everything can go back to being sunshine and rainbows.

The above is just my $0.02 on the matter.

I'm glad you skimmed through the thread. It was made clear my website does not make me money, I make money through other online ventures.

Unwillingness? I made it clear I am fine with using a middleman why the heck would I care either way, I just want graphics done

 Facepalm 

Do you all really think I can't pay $50 to a MM? I'm trying to open a legitimate website $50 is nothing in this case. The SM community has always been an influence to me and I wanted to offer high paying graphics work in the form of a contest. After already spending $70 on bad graphics.

The only people I would trust on this forum with the $50 is Inhaps, J, Adri, Dreamer and Ruins. Thats it.
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Adri on 3/6/2014, 6:19 pm

Yous wrote:I honesty wish you all knew the reason for my T.W.C. So I am just going to put this here in a little spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cheema paid 700m to Wouter and I paid 500m equaling my total deposit as a host. Our contract was I would host all through December until New Years to pay Cheema 1.1b. If something happened or I failed Wouter was to pay Cheema back 700m (but feel free to ignore that detail as the real problem comes in later).

I was making money VERY fast. Within my first couple of days I was at 960m and offered Cheema the 968m to be exact. he said just keep going until 1.1b (I had until New Years to have make the 1.1b and at this time it was around the 6-9th of December). I was calling bets to keep the bets flowing and lost some. But It was December 10th and I still had just under 600m. BUT at this a impostor started to emerge and would hang around the SM dicing spot. As instructed I was pre-pared to change my username and would log off whenever the impostor came on.

BUT the final key. It's always been clear Corowns hated me (I will provide even more testimonial to that in another PM if you would like) But while all the previous things were going on Corowns was calling hosts lazy in the hosts forum and was also proposing ideas. As you can see I am someone who voices my opinion. I told him (in the private host forum) that he should also come on more as I hardly ever saw him and I also disagreed with his suggestions.

2 days after that I was kicked from SM Dicing for the reason "You pretend like you run shit and you had an impostor". This decision was made by Corowns (and I believe wouter) no other admins were even told anything and were surprised to find out this happened one year later.

As disappointed as I was at losing my host spot I thought "Hey at least Wouter can pay back Cheema's deposit, hes an admin". Obviously he did not pay the deposit back to Cheema. Im sure you know Wouter is one with no morals as he is banned...

Also again Corowns on his own sent me a PM 'banishing' me from returning to the forum? I was not banned I only had a T.W.C (also given to me solely by Corowns)

That is what happened. So it really puts salt in the wound when people say my reputation is ruined and that I have no morals.


Kelly wrote:Yous, a lot of people, myself included, have no problems whatsoever doing graphic jobs (freelance, contests, you name it). However, the bottom line here is you have a flashing Trade With Caution badge, and no one in their right mind is going to make a graphic for you, even with a watermark on the graphic, on the chance that they might not get paid.

Think about this mentality for a second: 'Why should I go ahead and spend x hours making graphics for someone who may not even pay me? Even if I do use a watermark, there is a likely chance, based on the TWC, that I may not receive my earned pay.'

Ergo, as was politely mentioned before please use a middleman. Someone whom I highly suggest is Skrillex (URL), who is an Official Middleman. This means he is an extraordinarily trusted individual who can hold unlimited sum of money. If you don't have someone middleman this, I fear you may not see the graphic results you were hoping for. It's great to hear your site has gotten off the ground and making money, but the fact is graphic designers, like really any sort of freelance individual, pick and choose wisely what they want to do. Is it realistic to go ahead and spend time making something that may not yield pay, or not? The average individual would opt to not to.

I'd also like to point out your unwillingness to have someone middleman this transaction for you sort of paints you to have shady intentions. At the end of the day what matters most to me here is the safety of fellow members on the forums. If you really want this contest to be taken seriously, have a middleman. It doesn't matter why you have a TWC, whether you think you deserve it or not, the fact is you DO still have one, and you are not using a Middleman and expecting to be trusted. TWC means people are NOT, under -NO- circumstances going to trust you. That boat sailed ions ago. So please buck up, use a middleman and then everything can go back to being sunshine and rainbows.

The above is just my $0.02 on the matter.

I'm glad you skimmed through the thread. It was made clear my website does not make me money, I make money through other online ventures.

Unwillingness? I made it clear I am fine with using a middleman why the heck would I care either way, I just want graphics done

 Facepalm 

Do you all really think I can't pay $50 to a MM? I'm trying to open a legitimate website $50 is nothing in this case. The SM community has always been an influence to me and I wanted to offer high paying graphics work in the form of a contest. After already spending $70 on bad graphics.

The only people I would trust on this forum with the $50 is Inhaps, J, Adri, Dreamer and Ruins. Thats it.

To clear things up, what is the reason you dont want to use a MM? Whether or not you agree with this whole fuss, in end the only thing that counts is if GFX'ers are willing to work for you this way. I think some might be intrested, but you will limit yourself a whole lot. More people will enter the competition is the money is 100% going to be paid so somebody, which will most likely result in better entries for yourself.

You might be right with your case and reason behind it, but this doesnt take away ones fear of working for nothing.

Eitherway, I wouldnt mind MM'ing, which I'd for free.

Greetings
avatar
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 6:25 pm

Adri wrote:
Yous wrote:I honesty wish you all knew the reason for my T.W.C. So I am just going to put this here in a little spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cheema paid 700m to Wouter and I paid 500m equaling my total deposit as a host. Our contract was I would host all through December until New Years to pay Cheema 1.1b. If something happened or I failed Wouter was to pay Cheema back 700m (but feel free to ignore that detail as the real problem comes in later).

I was making money VERY fast. Within my first couple of days I was at 960m and offered Cheema the 968m to be exact. he said just keep going until 1.1b (I had until New Years to have make the 1.1b and at this time it was around the 6-9th of December). I was calling bets to keep the bets flowing and lost some. But It was December 10th and I still had just under 600m. BUT at this a impostor started to emerge and would hang around the SM dicing spot. As instructed I was pre-pared to change my username and would log off whenever the impostor came on.

BUT the final key. It's always been clear Corowns hated me (I will provide even more testimonial to that in another PM if you would like) But while all the previous things were going on Corowns was calling hosts lazy in the hosts forum and was also proposing ideas. As you can see I am someone who voices my opinion. I told him (in the private host forum) that he should also come on more as I hardly ever saw him and I also disagreed with his suggestions.

2 days after that I was kicked from SM Dicing for the reason "You pretend like you run shit and you had an impostor". This decision was made by Corowns (and I believe wouter) no other admins were even told anything and were surprised to find out this happened one year later.

As disappointed as I was at losing my host spot I thought "Hey at least Wouter can pay back Cheema's deposit, hes an admin". Obviously he did not pay the deposit back to Cheema. Im sure you know Wouter is one with no morals as he is banned...

Also again Corowns on his own sent me a PM 'banishing' me from returning to the forum? I was not banned I only had a T.W.C (also given to me solely by Corowns)

That is what happened. So it really puts salt in the wound when people say my reputation is ruined and that I have no morals.


Kelly wrote:Yous, a lot of people, myself included, have no problems whatsoever doing graphic jobs (freelance, contests, you name it). However, the bottom line here is you have a flashing Trade With Caution badge, and no one in their right mind is going to make a graphic for you, even with a watermark on the graphic, on the chance that they might not get paid.

Think about this mentality for a second: 'Why should I go ahead and spend x hours making graphics for someone who may not even pay me? Even if I do use a watermark, there is a likely chance, based on the TWC, that I may not receive my earned pay.'

Ergo, as was politely mentioned before please use a middleman. Someone whom I highly suggest is Skrillex (URL), who is an Official Middleman. This means he is an extraordinarily trusted individual who can hold unlimited sum of money. If you don't have someone middleman this, I fear you may not see the graphic results you were hoping for. It's great to hear your site has gotten off the ground and making money, but the fact is graphic designers, like really any sort of freelance individual, pick and choose wisely what they want to do. Is it realistic to go ahead and spend time making something that may not yield pay, or not? The average individual would opt to not to.

I'd also like to point out your unwillingness to have someone middleman this transaction for you sort of paints you to have shady intentions. At the end of the day what matters most to me here is the safety of fellow members on the forums. If you really want this contest to be taken seriously, have a middleman. It doesn't matter why you have a TWC, whether you think you deserve it or not, the fact is you DO still have one, and you are not using a Middleman and expecting to be trusted. TWC means people are NOT, under -NO- circumstances going to trust you. That boat sailed ions ago. So please buck up, use a middleman and then everything can go back to being sunshine and rainbows.

The above is just my $0.02 on the matter.

I'm glad you skimmed through the thread. It was made clear my website does not make me money, I make money through other online ventures.

Unwillingness? I made it clear I am fine with using a middleman why the heck would I care either way, I just want graphics done

 Facepalm 

Do you all really think I can't pay $50 to a MM? I'm trying to open a legitimate website $50 is nothing in this case. The SM community has always been an influence to me and I wanted to offer high paying graphics work in the form of a contest. After already spending $70 on bad graphics.

The only people I would trust on this forum with the $50 is Inhaps, J, Adri, Dreamer and Ruins. Thats it.

To clear things up, what is the reason you dont want to use a MM? Whether or not you agree with this whole fuss, in end the only thing that counts is if GFX'ers are willing to work for you this way. I think some might be intrested, but you will limit yourself a whole lot. More people will enter the competition is the money is 100% going to be paid so somebody, which will most likely result in better entries for yourself.

You might be right with your case and reason behind it, but this doesnt take away ones fear of working for nothing.

Eitherway, I wouldnt mind MM'ing, which I'd for free.

Greetings

For god sake... I have made it so clear that I am more than willing to use a MM. I really don't know how much more clear I can make it. I'll even pay the MM $5.... why do people keep saying I don't want to use a MM seriously?.. I've said multiple times I am MORE THAN WILLING to use a MM I've never said no heck I've never even said maybe...This T.W.C clogs up peoples minds i'm telling you..
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Adri on 3/6/2014, 6:31 pm

Yous wrote:
Adri wrote:
Yous wrote:I honesty wish you all knew the reason for my T.W.C. So I am just going to put this here in a little spoiler:
Spoiler:

Cheema paid 700m to Wouter and I paid 500m equaling my total deposit as a host. Our contract was I would host all through December until New Years to pay Cheema 1.1b. If something happened or I failed Wouter was to pay Cheema back 700m (but feel free to ignore that detail as the real problem comes in later).

I was making money VERY fast. Within my first couple of days I was at 960m and offered Cheema the 968m to be exact. he said just keep going until 1.1b (I had until New Years to have make the 1.1b and at this time it was around the 6-9th of December). I was calling bets to keep the bets flowing and lost some. But It was December 10th and I still had just under 600m. BUT at this a impostor started to emerge and would hang around the SM dicing spot. As instructed I was pre-pared to change my username and would log off whenever the impostor came on.

BUT the final key. It's always been clear Corowns hated me (I will provide even more testimonial to that in another PM if you would like) But while all the previous things were going on Corowns was calling hosts lazy in the hosts forum and was also proposing ideas. As you can see I am someone who voices my opinion. I told him (in the private host forum) that he should also come on more as I hardly ever saw him and I also disagreed with his suggestions.

2 days after that I was kicked from SM Dicing for the reason "You pretend like you run shit and you had an impostor". This decision was made by Corowns (and I believe wouter) no other admins were even told anything and were surprised to find out this happened one year later.

As disappointed as I was at losing my host spot I thought "Hey at least Wouter can pay back Cheema's deposit, hes an admin". Obviously he did not pay the deposit back to Cheema. Im sure you know Wouter is one with no morals as he is banned...

Also again Corowns on his own sent me a PM 'banishing' me from returning to the forum? I was not banned I only had a T.W.C (also given to me solely by Corowns)

That is what happened. So it really puts salt in the wound when people say my reputation is ruined and that I have no morals.


Kelly wrote:Yous, a lot of people, myself included, have no problems whatsoever doing graphic jobs (freelance, contests, you name it). However, the bottom line here is you have a flashing Trade With Caution badge, and no one in their right mind is going to make a graphic for you, even with a watermark on the graphic, on the chance that they might not get paid.

Think about this mentality for a second: 'Why should I go ahead and spend x hours making graphics for someone who may not even pay me? Even if I do use a watermark, there is a likely chance, based on the TWC, that I may not receive my earned pay.'

Ergo, as was politely mentioned before please use a middleman. Someone whom I highly suggest is Skrillex (URL), who is an Official Middleman. This means he is an extraordinarily trusted individual who can hold unlimited sum of money. If you don't have someone middleman this, I fear you may not see the graphic results you were hoping for. It's great to hear your site has gotten off the ground and making money, but the fact is graphic designers, like really any sort of freelance individual, pick and choose wisely what they want to do. Is it realistic to go ahead and spend time making something that may not yield pay, or not? The average individual would opt to not to.

I'd also like to point out your unwillingness to have someone middleman this transaction for you sort of paints you to have shady intentions. At the end of the day what matters most to me here is the safety of fellow members on the forums. If you really want this contest to be taken seriously, have a middleman. It doesn't matter why you have a TWC, whether you think you deserve it or not, the fact is you DO still have one, and you are not using a Middleman and expecting to be trusted. TWC means people are NOT, under -NO- circumstances going to trust you. That boat sailed ions ago. So please buck up, use a middleman and then everything can go back to being sunshine and rainbows.

The above is just my $0.02 on the matter.

I'm glad you skimmed through the thread. It was made clear my website does not make me money, I make money through other online ventures.

Unwillingness? I made it clear I am fine with using a middleman why the heck would I care either way, I just want graphics done

 Facepalm 

Do you all really think I can't pay $50 to a MM? I'm trying to open a legitimate website $50 is nothing in this case. The SM community has always been an influence to me and I wanted to offer high paying graphics work in the form of a contest. After already spending $70 on bad graphics.

The only people I would trust on this forum with the $50 is Inhaps, J, Adri, Dreamer and Ruins. Thats it.

To clear things up, what is the reason you dont want to use a MM? Whether or not you agree with this whole fuss, in end the only thing that counts is if GFX'ers are willing to work for you this way. I think some might be intrested, but you will limit yourself a whole lot. More people will enter the competition is the money is 100% going to be paid so somebody, which will most likely result in better entries for yourself.

You might be right with your case and reason behind it, but this doesnt take away ones fear of working for nothing.

Eitherway, I wouldnt mind MM'ing, which I'd for free.

Greetings

For god sake... I have made it so clear that I am more than willing to use a MM. I really don't know how much more clear I can make it. I'll even pay the MM $5.... why do people keep saying I don't want to use a MM seriously?.. I've said multiple times I am MORE THAN WILLING to use a MM I've never said no heck I've never even said maybe...This T.W.C clogs up peoples minds i'm telling you..

Haha woops, your point was made Razz
avatar
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Lucky on 3/6/2014, 6:36 pm

Seeing as everyone seems to be confused here, Yous is fine with using a MM. Only posts about the actual job will be allowed from now on. No exceptions.

_____________________

Former Mod Dec 25th, 2011 -> June 7th, 2014
Former Mod Manager January 2013 -> June 7th, 2014

Former General March 2013 -> June 7th, 2014


My Stuff:


Free Cookies:


In Need Of Rice?:

avatar
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 3/6/2014, 7:05 pm

Lucky wrote:Seeing as everyone seems to be confused here, Yous is fine with using a MM. Only posts about the actual job will be allowed from now on. No exceptions.

After all this time you still have the same avatar  Very Happy 

Thank you for helping out. So I guess maybe now people can start submitting userbars/banners Wink.
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Daxaal on 4/6/2014, 10:33 am

What is your organization or website name?

What does your website/organisation do?

Who is your target audience?

What industry would you say this is in?

Describe what you want designed? What are your aims and requirements? (e.g. certain colours we need to use?, company logo that needs to be used?)

What's the link to your existing website that the banner is for?

Width and height requirements for the banner?

What ideas do you have for the style/theme of the banner?

What are 3 banners that you like that are relevant with the banner you want designed?

What do you like about these 3 banners?

What message do you want this banner to deliver? (e.g. is there a call to action, the banner is to show the company is a loud happy company?, Calm, more serious company?, funny comical company)?

Is there anything that should be avoided when designing the banner?

Images you want to use in the banner?

Any other important details?


Other question about the contest
When does this contest end and when are the results revealed?

You said you are hosting this contest on multiple forums, does this mean that there is a chance no one here on smokin mils will receive any money from the contest? Or is there guaranteed to be a winner on smokin mils?
avatar
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Yous on 4/6/2014, 1:04 pm

Daxaal wrote:What is your organization or website name? The Wolf Pack

What does your website/organisation do? Internet Business Community. A group of people sharing business ideas, working together on projects, and helping newcomers out.

Who is your target audience? Ages 18-40 business minded people

What industry would you say this is in? Internet Business/Marketing

Describe what you want designed? What are your aims and requirements? (e.g. certain colours we need to use?, company logo that needs to be used?) I already have a logo which you can see on the header of the site. People say they like the head and that it is brand-able but the text next to it is not that good.

What's the link to your existing website that the banner is for? Wolfpack.sx

Width and height requirements for the banner? No requirement just be close to the size of the current banner.

What ideas do you have for the style/theme of the banner? Professional looking and brand-able. Not some YouTube intro nonsense.

What are 3 banners that you like that are relevant with the banner you want designed? Professional and simple example: http://www.blueashadvance.com/images/uploaded/wolf_logo_red_tag.jpg

What do you like about these 3 banners? Looks legitimate not like some YouTube quickscope montage intro

What message do you want this banner to deliver? (e.g. is there a call to action, the banner is to show the company is a loud happy company?, Calm, more serious company?, funny comical company)? I want it to be a memorable and brandable image representing unity of a wolf pack.

Is there anything that should be avoided when designing the banner? No, not really.

Images you want to use in the banner? http://i.imgur.com/SsHNzDe.png

Any other important details? This is not only a banner contest at the moment a userbar set is also needed which you can find information about in post #1.


Other question about the contest
When does this contest end and when are the results revealed? When I get an entry that doesn't suck.

You said you are hosting this contest on multiple forums, does this mean that there is a chance no one here on smokin mils will receive any money from the contest? Or is there guaranteed to be a winner on smokin mils? Maybe someone on Smokin Mils would win if someone actually entered Wink.
avatar
Yous
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: [HUGE CONTEST] Closed Winner Selected

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum