New Skill thoughts!

Go down

New Skill thoughts!

Post by Ironic on 14/6/2014, 1:32 am

So they're adding that new skill called "Artisan" or whatever it is, what are your thoughts on it?


Last edited by Ironic on 14/6/2014, 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by [Nicholas] on 14/6/2014, 11:08 am

Shouldnt be adding skills in 07 imo.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Ironic on 14/6/2014, 12:02 pm

[Nicholas] wrote:Shouldnt be adding skills in 07 imo.  

I cant seem to remember that we had Bandos armour back in 07 either :S
avatar
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Broeder on 14/6/2014, 12:05 pm

"Artisan"
avatar
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by [Nicholas] on 14/6/2014, 2:09 pm

Ironic wrote:
[Nicholas] wrote:Shouldnt be adding skills in 07 imo.  

I cant seem to remember that we had Bandos armour back in 07 either :S
And I dont agree with that either lol.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by RedRaven on 14/6/2014, 4:31 pm

I actually did an interview regarding this, on a personal view i am neutral on it..i could see the new skill adding more content to osrs and attracting more players to come..however is it really needed tho? Artisan to me seem like those skilling tasks you get daily on Eoc..as well, i am more curious to see if the new skill will be good and not a disappointment or rushed like divination on EoC was which when i did interviews the people i interviewed were concerned of as well.
avatar
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by GiovanniM on 14/6/2014, 8:09 pm

The developers of RuneScape 2007 had one job to bring back the good old RS,
But when everybody likes it they start messing it up again by adding new content.
Contents that's not fun in my opinion, Which comes to the conclusion that they are f***ing up again, People wanted OSRS because they didn't like the new content after 2007 in the original RS
If they don't want 07 to die, They should leave it as it is, Like the people want it.

The same is probably going to happen to RS3, Legacy mode will come, And than more update the players don't want.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Broeder on 14/6/2014, 9:36 pm

The thing is, games die if they arent being updated as well. By updating you at least stall when that happens
avatar
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by GiovanniM on 14/6/2014, 9:43 pm

Broeder wrote:The thing is, games die if they arent being updated as well. By updating you at least stall when that happens

Yes that's true but that doesn't man you go around and change Old School to just regular RuneScape going in the wrong direction again lol :p

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Broeder on 14/6/2014, 9:48 pm

Well, thats because its being maintained by the same company with the same mindset and preferences it has always had Smile
avatar
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Yamiteh on 14/6/2014, 10:11 pm

Actually I believe they have polled most of the updates they have released so far. So it is the 07 community that is partially to blame that 07 is not being 07 anymore.
avatar
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Tuff Tiga on 14/6/2014, 10:46 pm

I don't mind the new skill TBH, will help me train other skills in the process. The rewards are a bit meh IMO

_____________________


Forum Rules





Spoiler:





avatar
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by GiovanniM on 14/6/2014, 11:19 pm

Yamiteh wrote:Actually I believe they have polled most of the updates they have released so far. So it is the 07 community that is partially to blame that 07 is not being 07 anymore.

They didn't poll for a new skill, They just said the fans could submit an idea..

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Heartstop123 on 15/6/2014, 12:07 am

GiovanniM wrote:
Yamiteh wrote:Actually I believe they have polled most of the updates they have released so far. So it is the 07 community that is partially to blame that 07 is not being 07 anymore.

They didn't poll for a new skill, They just said the fans could submit an idea..
this^
They then had a poll "which new skill should we add?" There wasn't an option for no new skill. Artisan only received 49% of votes. What happened to 75% minimum? Those sneaky bastards at jagex that's what.
avatar
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by [Nicholas] on 15/6/2014, 12:32 pm

Heartstop123 wrote:
GiovanniM wrote:
Yamiteh wrote:Actually I believe they have polled most of the updates they have released so far. So it is the 07 community that is partially to blame that 07 is not being 07 anymore.

They didn't poll for a new skill, They just said the fans could submit an idea..
this^
They then had a poll "which new skill should we add?" There wasn't an option for no new skill. Artisan only received 49% of votes. What happened to 75% minimum? Those sneaky bastards at jagex that's what.

Yep very sneaky.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Rahu on 16/6/2014, 4:07 am

You guys keep calling it 07, it's not 07.

It's never been called RuneScape 2007, never. It's always been "Oldschool RuneScape".

OldSchool. Older. Old. Not specifically 2007.
avatar
Rahu
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Yamiteh on 16/6/2014, 2:22 pm

I do not follow 07 updates so didn't know new skill wasn't polled, but I was talking about the updates in general. I know several of them were polled.
Also I guess Rahu has a point.
avatar
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Ironic on 16/6/2014, 2:58 pm

Rahu wrote:You guys keep calling it 07, it's not 07.

It's never been called RuneScape 2007, never. It's always been "Oldschool RuneScape".

OldSchool. Older. Old. Not specifically 2007.

80% if not more refer to it as 07Scape or rs07, pretty much most of us call it Runescape 07. Although i do understand where your coming form.
avatar
Ironic
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by DreaMer on 16/6/2014, 6:21 pm

Why are they even doing updates on 07?I mean people want to play in 07. Bandos, wildy update, now skill.... Seriously... It's just turning into new rs again, lol
avatar
DreaMer
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by gunmage8 on 16/6/2014, 7:55 pm

Sounds like slayer but for non combat.
avatar
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by -Kenny- on 17/6/2014, 9:22 am

gunmage8 wrote:Sounds like slayer but for non combat.
Thats basically what it is.

_____________________

My iEmz Awards (2014):

.-´iEmz Summer Awards 2014`-.



.-´iEmz Winter Awards 2014`-.



.-´iEmz Competitions 2014`-.


.-´iEmz Anniversary Signature`-.
avatar
-Kenny-
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by KMV on 17/6/2014, 1:45 pm

I think adding a new skill to 07 is very silly. Why the hell would I want another skill I don't want to train added in. As for those of you arguing about god wars. The god wars update is 3 weeks after the point in which this backup is based in who cares.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: New Skill thoughts!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum