Boss Slayer!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boss Slayer!

Post by Avssie on 3/8/2014, 4:22 am

So for any avid pvmers this is one of the updates that you should be most looking forward to, boss slayer! Thought we might aswell have some discussion and post some info if you haven't seen the news.

RS Behind the Scenes August 2014 wrote:You see, Death is getting a little frustrated with the amount of life these boss monsters have, so he wants you to kill them. All of them. Lots and lots of times.

As a reward for completing his special assignments, he’s happy to offer fat chunks of Slayer XP, plus access to a brand new gem - which can be crafted into some tasty, top-tier jewellery. These are far more powerful than the onyx gear you have available right now, although they still require onyx to craft.

You’ll also be able to earn larger bonuses to your health in PvM battles via the bonfires and get access to some new stats showing you your best times for killing each boss - plus a record of how many times you've killed them.

You can read the full boss slayer official post here (tons of info); http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?373,374,629,65374780

Screenshot of all the rewards / reward shop:

Male and Female Cosmetic Armors:

Reward shop:


Personally I can't wait to grind out for the cosmetic armor and make some bank along the way, + new jewelery which is "much more powerful than onyx" should be a nice boost but the whole concept is awesome for us Pvmers. Very Happy
avatar
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Yamiteh on 3/8/2014, 12:26 pm

I hope the jewelery really is *much* more powerful than onyx and doesn't degrade. I'd be using it then :p
avatar
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Music on 3/8/2014, 12:36 pm

Yamiteh wrote:I hope the jewelery really is *much* more powerful than onyx and doesn't degrade. I'd be using it then :p

Only will if it's better than dragon rider ammy, Dat 10 prayer bonus. Won't be hard for it to be better than rings though.
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by piramatrix on 3/8/2014, 12:41 pm

mmh that aura reset and deaths deal look nice

_____________________


avatar
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Merzz on 7/8/2014, 6:05 pm

Trimmed Comp Cape requirements are:
- The rainbow lootbeam (idk why it's called red on BTS video)
- Additional tasks
- Bonfire booster
- Instance cost
avatar
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Cille on 7/8/2014, 7:44 pm

Merzz wrote:Trimmed Comp Cape requirements are:
- The rainbow lootbeam (idk why it's called red on BTS video)
- Additional tasks
- Bonfire booster
- Instance cost

Where is this posted?
And only this? o.o I thought it would be more..

Either way I'll be going for the cosmetic also while trimming Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Merzz on 7/8/2014, 7:47 pm

Cille wrote:
Merzz wrote:Trimmed Comp Cape requirements are:
- The rainbow lootbeam (idk why it's called red on BTS video)
- Additional tasks
- Bonfire booster
- Instance cost

Where is this posted?
And only this? o.o I thought it would be more..

Either way I'll be going for the cosmetic also while trimming Smile

It was posted on rsof by Mod Ryan we don't know how much points each task gives and how many you can do daily so it might take a while we will see
avatar
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Cille on 7/8/2014, 9:30 pm

Merzz wrote:
Cille wrote:
Merzz wrote:Trimmed Comp Cape requirements are:
- The rainbow lootbeam (idk why it's called red on BTS video)
- Additional tasks
- Bonfire booster
- Instance cost

Where is this posted?
And only this? o.o I thought it would be more..

Either way I'll be going for the cosmetic also while trimming Smile

It was posted on rsof by Mod Ryan we don't know how much points each task gives and how many you can do daily so it might take a while we will see

I'm pretty sure the dev blog said something about one task a day, but you will be able to save it for the next day and still get your daily task? Sorta like how the daily system is.
but I'm not really sure about that.
Will be interesting to see how many points/task you get, especially with the amount you have to get..

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Merzz on 8/8/2014, 2:45 am

Anyway first thing you should buy with the points is additional tasks and buy more tasks with slayer points (if this meant normal slayer points)
avatar
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Avssie on 14/8/2014, 4:20 am

Soul Reaper preview got streamed last night, can watch here if you'd like;

http://www.twitch.tv/runescape/b/557697581

Wasn't to much extra info given out but there was one thing that made twitch chat and our Irc channel go nuts

avatar
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by k1d proph3t on 18/2/2015, 12:17 am

That's Awesome! Can't wait for this
avatar
k1d proph3t
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Music on 18/2/2015, 7:24 pm

k1d proph3t wrote:That's Awesome! Can't wait for this

This came out months ago, lol.
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Boss Slayer!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum