1.8 Alpha Server

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1.8 Alpha Server

Post by Michael on 25/9/2014, 3:34 pm

I have released a 1.8 alpha server for those of you who wish to play 1.8. The entire map is defaulted to creative mode so spawn what you want and have fun! (this is not a permanent map just being used to test everything while I work on the actual server.

IP: narehood.org

Edit: The server will be on and offline randomly due to me messing with the new server
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: 1.8 Alpha Server

Post by Daxaal on 27/9/2014, 2:59 am

When we switch to 1.8 server will the stuff we made during creative mode still be there or would it be completely wiped out and start all over again?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 27/9/2014, 2:29 pm

Daxaal wrote:When we switch to 1.8 server will the stuff we made during creative mode still be there or would it be completely wiped out and start all over again?

We will be starting on a new map. Nothing from this creative session will be transferred as it's not fair to other players. Though I may have 'creative' weekends.
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 28/9/2014, 2:24 am

Michael wrote:
Daxaal wrote:When we switch to 1.8 server will the stuff we made during creative mode still be there or would it be completely wiped out and start all over again?

We will be starting on a new map. Nothing from this creative session will be transferred as it's not fair to other players. Though I may have 'creative' weekends.

These creative weekends sound fantastic Smile. I look forward to it, also how can I spawn an enderdragon in creative mode?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 28/9/2014, 2:29 am

Daxaal wrote:
Michael wrote:

These creative weekends sound fantastic Smile. I look forward to it, also how can I spawn an enderdragon in creative mode?

Indeed they do. and you can't you can travel to the end but I have disabled the 1.8 server as running two at once is expensive and the 1.8 spigot/bukkit aren't going to be updated in a while.
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 30/9/2014, 4:30 am

Michael when the server is upgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.8 will our houses and buildings still be there or would we have to start from scratch and rebuild everything?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 30/9/2014, 5:23 pm

Daxaal wrote:Michael when the server is upgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.8 will our houses and buildings still be there or would we have to start from scratch and rebuild everything?

It's going to be a new map, but i'll import old stuff as requested.
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 7/10/2014, 7:45 am

Michael not sure if you're doing this but my land and house on the 1.7.9 server has been destroyed. Like someone has destroyed my gates and some of my villager's hotel rooms. Is everything being removed while we move over to 1.8. Also when is the move to 1.8 expected to be finished Smile?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 7/10/2014, 1:07 pm

I'll figure it out and when I do they will be banned and if they are on the forums will have a twc because that's how Pleco did it. Message me on irc when you see me and we can figure this out

Clicky:

(13:08:16) <@Begone13> you sir are a noob
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 8/10/2014, 11:04 am

This is how my house looks atm, farm destroyed, animal gates destroyed, villager hotel destroyed partly

Spoiler:

Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 8/10/2014, 8:25 pm

Daxaal wrote:This is how my house looks atm, farm destroyed, animal gates destroyed, villager hotel destroyed partly

Spoiler:

That honestly looks like a chunk error. I will try to scan it later though so try and idle in IRC so I can find it when I get home. (or pm me the cords)
I just hope the anti grief stuff I had Gintoki setup works correctly.
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 8/10/2014, 11:05 pm

Daxaal wrote:This is how my house looks atm, farm destroyed, animal gates destroyed, villager hotel destroyed partly

Spoiler:

I figured it out. it towny taking the land back because of a setting we missed a while back I'll try and fix your house and if i can't I'll simply give you compensation.
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts on 9/10/2014, 4:19 pm

SAme thing happend to me ill either post scrennies or missing stuff or just show u ingame Mike

Spoiler:

My Vouches:http://www.smokinelite.com/t81285-kid-gildarts-vouches-19
My merching Log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81013-kid-rampage5-s-merching-log#1121170
My Art log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81402-kid-s-art-log
My 1-99 Prayer guide: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81023-runescape-1-99-prayer-guide
[/center]
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 9/10/2014, 4:30 pm

Gildarts wrote:SAme thing happend to me ill either post scrennies or missing stuff or just show u ingame Mike

Alright, I've disabled Towny so it should stop now but it didn't save any backsups so unless I figure out the rollbackk stuff I'll just give everyone who lost items some items
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts on 9/10/2014, 4:32 pm

Michael wrote:
Gildarts wrote:SAme thing happend to me ill either post scrennies or missing stuff or just show u ingame Mike

Alright, I've disabled Towny so it should stop now but it didn't save any backsups so unless I figure out the rollbackk stuff I'll just give everyone who lost items some items

I didnt lose many items, im just gutted my Iron Golem has dissapaeard now Sad that all i care about the structure and stuff i lost is cool ill just mine it back

Spoiler:

My Vouches:http://www.smokinelite.com/t81285-kid-gildarts-vouches-19
My merching Log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81013-kid-rampage5-s-merching-log#1121170
My Art log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81402-kid-s-art-log
My 1-99 Prayer guide: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81023-runescape-1-99-prayer-guide
[/center]
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 27/10/2014, 8:09 pm

Starting October 30th we will be on 1.8 for our main server. You each have until then to message me about saving your items and builds. After this date I will not be able to recover them. Reply here and message me on IRC if you wish to have your progress saved.

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 28/10/2014, 9:50 am

If I start again from scratch can you spawn villagers for me again and give me large super flat land? I'd love to be able to work on making my villager hotel/resort
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 28/10/2014, 10:34 pm

Daxaal wrote:If I start again from scratch can you spawn villagers for me again and give me large super flat land? I'd love to be able to work on making my villager hotel/resort

I can do the villagers, at the current point I won't be able to make a flat area because we will be on vanilla until spigot updates, I'm only moving to 1.8 because I don't want to xfer over 30gb of stuff to the new (cheaper) server

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 29/10/2014, 8:31 am

Michael wrote:
Daxaal wrote:If I start again from scratch can you spawn villagers for me again and give me large super flat land? I'd love to be able to work on making my villager hotel/resort

I can do the villagers, at the current point I won't be able to make a flat area because we will be on vanilla until spigot updates, I'm only moving to 1.8 because I don't want to xfer over 30gb of stuff to the new (cheaper) server

When will spigot update? I have no idea what it is scratch
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 1/11/2014, 5:01 am

Everyone will be starting fresh I'll be redirecting the IP to the new server soon.

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 2/11/2014, 1:54 pm

Michael wrote:Everyone will be starting fresh I'll be redirecting the IP to the new server soon.

Let me know when you do that Smile, also I logged into the narehood.org server but I wasn't able to build or destroy anything when I spawned in the jungle/area. Also can we have a creative mode weekend to celebrate the upgrade to 1.8 Smile?

On another note, can I get a minecraft forum badge Smile?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 2/11/2014, 11:00 pm

Daxaal wrote:
Michael wrote:Everyone will be starting fresh I'll be redirecting the IP to the new server soon.

Let me know when you do that Smile, also I logged into the narehood.org server but I wasn't able to build or destroy anything when I spawned in the jungle/area. Also can we have a creative mode weekend to celebrate the upgrade to 1.8 Smile?

On another note, can I get a minecraft forum badge Smile?

the url is now smokinminecraft.org I cannot do anything about not being able to place items, try moving far away from spawn, if you want the badge ask an admin :3

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 12/11/2014, 10:37 pm

Do we have a map of the new minecraft server? If so could you post a link so I know where I can build Smile?
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 16/11/2014, 12:15 am

The server will be running on Spigot 1.8 within 24 hours of the release in the coming days (probably sooner than 24 hours)

The IP/Domain will be mc.smokinminecraft.org see you all soon!

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael on 18/11/2014, 3:22 am

Since the spigot is taking a while to update I made a vanilla server enjoy :3 the url/ip is smokinminecraft.org

Clicky:

Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: