Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Everyone!

Post by FluoroNeuro on 4/11/2014, 4:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I am a long time RS veteran who has finally decided to stop skilling for a while and try to make some money through the markets.  I am hoping to learn a lot here and share my journey with you all!

Thanks for having me.

FluoroNeuro

edit: Figured I should probably add the template, so here goes…

What led you to Smokin Mils?

I have heard about you all for years and finally got a strong interest in merching, so I figured this was the place to be!

What do you hope to achieve while in Smokin Mils?

Learning how to merch effectively. I have a good sum of cash to start with and I'd like to learn how to grow it.

Have you ever been a member of a clan before?

Yes, but generally they are fairly informal and based ingame.

Do you currently know anybody in Smokin Mils?

Not yet!

On a scale of 1-10, i) how interested are you in merchanting and ii) if you're interested, how experienced do you feel in it?

i) 10, I want to learn it all! ii) Not very experienced, but I've been teaching myself for a little while now. I definitely have lots of room to grow though!

Do you have any short term and/or long term goals here?

Not in particular. Mainly I'd like to make a few billion in the coming year. I have a decent starting pile and I think it's possible.

What do you do in your spare time?

I am a graphic designer for a financial publishing company so I deal with market advice all day long. This seems pretty similar on a different scale. I love music and spend a lot of my time creating and producing dance music. Less RS skilling lately, but I used to play a lot more heavily. My main is maxed and I'm casually working on another account currently.

If other members wanted to contact you, what would be the preferred method? (IRC, pm, etc)

I am not too familiar with IRC but I'm sure I will learn it here. For now, PM is good I guess.

Is there anything you'd like to add?

Not much, just want to say thanks for having me and I hope to learn some good tricks. So far I have been experimenting with some merching techniques I've picked up along the way but I'm pretty much shooting in the dark at the moment. The recent BXP weekend seems to have made things particularly difficult for me to predict so I could use a hand about now haha.

Cheers!

FluoroNeuro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Mr Rockeye on 4/11/2014, 6:02 pm

Welcome to SmokinElite.
Another graphics designer! sounds great Very Happy I hope you like participating in Signature Of The Week battles Smile if you do take a look here at the graphics section.
If you would love to learn more about merchanting you could ask for help at the mentor's section they can help you with both active and inactive flipping.
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluoroNeuro on 5/11/2014, 8:18 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will definitely be applying for a mentor soon. Been a busy few days but once I get some time to get my application filled out I'm hoping to learn a few things that way!

It would be cool to get involved with some design stuff too. I don't tend to be too active in the graphics section of RS forums, but maybe I will give it a shot here. Sometimes when I've been working on graphics all day it's the last thing I want to do when I get home, but hey it could be fun!

Cheers!

FluoroNeuro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 6/11/2014, 3:43 pm

welcome to the forums buddy, i hope you enjoy your stay here, and that you may learn the ways of the merchant Smile hope you have some fun participating in the sotw

piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FluoroNeuro on 10/11/2014, 4:51 pm

Hey thanks man! I am working on my merching skills. Really need to get over and send in a mentee application. Looking forward to the experience.

Appreciate the welcome from everyone. Smile

FluoroNeuro
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum