Best Revolution Setup?

Go down

Best Revolution Setup?

Post by Battosai on 28/3/2015, 1:32 am

So I just learned about the fact that there is a Revolution setting that will automatically activate basic attack abilities for you. Since I'm unfamiliar with EOC this seems pretty awesome to start with. I am familiar with "builds" since I've played multiple mmo's. Anyone have input on the must effective Revolution setups for the different combat styles? Currently working with 2h, but would like to know setups for the other "builds" as well. Even just links to a decent web page works for me! Just need some veteran EOC input!
avatar
Battosai
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)


http://facebook.com/soccer.hooligan

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by A d z on 23/5/2015, 5:03 pm

I would also be highly interested in this for when I go for max cb. Currently I'm 88 hp but I plan on some serious grinding.
avatar
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by Music on 23/5/2015, 8:26 pm

Battosai wrote:So I just learned about the fact that there is a Revolution setting that will automatically activate basic attack abilities for you. Since I'm unfamiliar with EOC this seems pretty awesome to start with. I am familiar with "builds" since I've played multiple mmo's. Anyone have input on the must effective Revolution setups for the different combat styles? Currently working with 2h, but would like to know setups for the other "builds" as well. Even just links to a decent web page works for me! Just need some veteran EOC input!

Revolution is useful, but less effective than full manual. If you wish to figure out EOC I would say try out different abilities in full manual to see how they work; using random abilities (such as multi-target abilities in single-combat) in revolution can seriously hinder your xp gains (RS Wikia has a couple pages on what the most useful abilities are for specific scenarios). If you don't really care for EOC, you could always use Legacy mode to have old-school combat style (no abilities).

Also, I would stray away from 2h melee (which is what I assume you meant), at least until Jagex releases their updates for 2h abilities in the coming months - atm dual wielding seriously outhits 2h.

Off-topic a bit, this is two months old #gravedig
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by A d z on 23/5/2015, 11:10 pm

Music wrote:
Battosai wrote:So I just learned about the fact that there is a Revolution setting that will automatically activate basic attack abilities for you. Since I'm unfamiliar with EOC this seems pretty awesome to start with. I am familiar with "builds" since I've played multiple mmo's. Anyone have input on the must effective Revolution setups for the different combat styles? Currently working with 2h, but would like to know setups for the other "builds" as well. Even just links to a decent web page works for me! Just need some veteran EOC input!

Revolution is useful, but less effective than full manual. If you wish to figure out EOC I would say try out different abilities in full manual to see how they work; using random abilities (such as multi-target abilities in single-combat) in revolution can seriously hinder your xp gains (RS Wikia has a couple pages on what the most useful abilities are for specific scenarios). If you don't really care for EOC, you could always use Legacy mode to have old-school combat style (no abilities).

Also, I would stray away from 2h melee (which is what I assume you meant), at least until Jagex releases their updates for 2h abilities in the coming months - atm dual wielding seriously outhits 2h.

Off-topic a bit, this is two months old #gravedig

I think the main advantage of revolution is that it is the best afk xp you can get. I'd be interested in this for slaying as my attention is very important and I have a lot of other stuff to focus on.
avatar
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by Music on 24/5/2015, 3:31 am

A d z wrote:
Music wrote:
Battosai wrote:So I just learned about the fact that there is a Revolution setting that will automatically activate basic attack abilities for you. Since I'm unfamiliar with EOC this seems pretty awesome to start with. I am familiar with "builds" since I've played multiple mmo's. Anyone have input on the must effective Revolution setups for the different combat styles? Currently working with 2h, but would like to know setups for the other "builds" as well. Even just links to a decent web page works for me! Just need some veteran EOC input!

Revolution is useful, but less effective than full manual. If you wish to figure out EOC I would say try out different abilities in full manual to see how they work; using random abilities (such as multi-target abilities in single-combat) in revolution can seriously hinder your xp gains (RS Wikia has a couple pages on what the most useful abilities are for specific scenarios). If you don't really care for EOC, you could always use Legacy mode to have old-school combat style (no abilities).

Also, I would stray away from 2h melee (which is what I assume you meant), at least until Jagex releases their updates for 2h abilities in the coming months - atm dual wielding seriously outhits 2h.

Off-topic a bit, this is two months old #gravedig

I think the main advantage of revolution is that it is the best afk xp you can get. I'd be interested in this for slaying as my attention is very important and I have a lot of other stuff to focus on.

Legacy is probably just as afk, and more efficient xp wise if that's what you're going for.
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by A d z on 24/5/2015, 12:23 pm

Found this thread on reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2aqs3o/eoc_revolution_vs_legacy_xp_rates_range_at_rorarii/
He got 250k ranged xp per hour on legacy. 257kxp on revolution. He says legacy caught up a lot because of ability stalling which leads to a delay between switching targets with auto-retaliate. The difference between them might be greater when there is less switching i.e. higher hp npcs but at the moment, for these at least, the difference is minimal.
avatar
A d z
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by Music on 24/5/2015, 12:34 pm

A d z wrote:Found this thread on reddit.
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/2aqs3o/eoc_revolution_vs_legacy_xp_rates_range_at_rorarii/
He got 250k ranged xp per hour on legacy. 257kxp on revolution. He says legacy caught up a lot because of ability stalling which leads to a delay between switching targets with auto-retaliate. The difference between them might be greater when there is less switching i.e. higher hp npcs but at the moment, for these at least, the difference is minimal.

Yeah, well a few changes were made to revolution in that time (thread is 9 months old). From what I can remember, revolution was debuffed, as abilities were being triggered faster than could be done via full manual, so that xp/hr will be decreased. I think they also fixed the ability stalling to make it less of a delay between NPCs, so I'm not sure how that affects it. Either way, I would still go with full manual over revolution for switching targets, though I use legacy for barragging/chinning multiple targets with auto-retaliate.
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: Best Revolution Setup?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum